Nutritional Advice for Thal Minors

• 85 Replies

Offline sofear

Re: Nutritional Advice for Thal Minors
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 05:42:44 PM »
Thanks!

A few more questions:

1.) Can I simply take the mentioned dosages via supplements as "in addition" to my regular food? I'm used to a strict diet, but the micronutrients in food seem to vary, depending on quality, preparation, etc.
2.) I found a B complex where one pill also has 600 mcg of folic acid. Should I try to fill the rest via regular food or buy a separate package of pills with folic acid?
3.) Andy, you once told us that you take most of your supplements directly after a meal. Does this mean I can take "everything" at once or should I take supplements on multiple occasions during the day?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:47:46 PM by sofear »

Offline sofear

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 11:30:02 AM »
4.) Does one take L-arginine, L-carnitine or L-citrulline or all of them?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »
You just need one. Some patients may have trouble with one form, so all 3 are listed.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
Vitamin C is absorved iron. I am confudsed we should take it or not.
Mr Andy,
Can you tell us details with medicine name which medicine, how many we should have taken?

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 12:03:53 AM »
Thal minors do not iron load unless their Hb is extremely low for a minor, so there is no prohibition on taking vitamin C.
Andy

Offline sofear

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »
I got everything on the list together, but it seems the B complex, especially B-100 ones cost a lot here in Germany or European online shops. Is it correct that a B-100 complex has 100mg of each contained B vitamin? I looked at it and in one tablet there were ingredients at around 8000% RDA.

The most time I only find products like this:

Niacin 48 mg
Pantothenic Acid 18 mg
Vitamin B6 4,2 mg
Vitamin B2 4,2 mg
Vitamin B1 3,3 mg
Folic acid 600 µg
Vitamin B12 7,5 µg

I can't find something like this: http://www.puritan.com/b-complex-vitamins-021/vitamin-b-100-complex-010282

And if I find some B-100, it's not even a "real" B-100 and some of the B vitamins are at 25mg or 50mg and 90-100 tablets cost around 30€. (40$)

Is Puritan a good brand? I'm thinking about buying it from there, even with the shipping costs, because the difference in price is huge - in all supplements.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:31:00 PM by sofear »

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 11:50:46 PM »
I actually use that same B complex. It's very popular in my family. I've used it for years and see the difference if I don't take it. I've ordered from Puritan for decades.
Andy

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »
I've started taking the Folic Acid, B complex, Vitamins C, E, and D this week. I haven't yet gotten the magnesium and calcium yet. Thanks Andy for this!

Offline Danny.H

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »
Thanks for such informative topic.
I have started the supplements since I believe June/ July ,and it has improved a lot my condition .
I still dealing with some aches here and there but I need to get back exercising out of my current job also .
I also will need to get the calcium.
Danny
Daniela

Offline Hana

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 11:55:35 AM »
Hi! Andy
i want to ask about vitamin B100 , i want to buy the same product that u always use , i live in cambodia where it is very hard to find and buy vitamin B100, it costs very expensive about 55$ for 100 tablets of b100 . Now i want to try order online and this is my first time.
i want to make sure that is these the Vitamin B100 and website that u order to use :
http://www.puritan.com/b-complex-vitamins-021/vitamin-b-100-complex-timed-release-002812

thank you .

Offline Nomad

• In Darkest Day in Brightest Night...
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 12:26:38 PM »
Hi everyone ,
I was lately Reading about a study with N-acetylcystein in mices and it shows that it protects the Liver from Free Iron! Ok a Human is Not a Rat but I do know that they give it also to some onkology patients.
By the Way, Does someone using Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA)?
Or know somthing about it? Andy?

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 02:15:44 PM »
Hana, that is the same tab I take daily. Good product.

Nomad, N-Acetyl Cysteine is an excellent antioxidant. In general, antioxidants protect the body from the damage iron causes.

As far as GABA, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16971751
Biofactors. 2006;26(3):201-8.
Relaxation and immunity enhancement effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) administration in humans.
Abdou AM1, Higashiguchi S, Horie K, Kim M, Hatta H, Yokogoshi H.
Author information
Abstract
The effect of orally administrated gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) on relaxation and immunity during stress has been investigated in humans. Two studies were conducted. The first evaluated the effect of GABA intake by 13 subjects on their brain waves. Electroencephalograms (EEG) were obtained after 3 tests on each volunteer as follows: intake only water, GABA, or L-theanine. After 60 minutes of administration, GABA significantly increases alpha waves and decreases beta waves compared to water or L-theanine. These findings denote that GABA not only induces relaxation but also reduces anxiety. The second study was conducted to see the role of relaxant and anxiolytic effects of GABA intake on immunity in stressed volunteers. Eight acrophobic subjects were divided into 2 groups (placebo and GABA). All subjects were crossing a suspended bridge as a stressful stimulus. Immunoglobulin A (IgA) levels in their saliva were monitored during bridge crossing. Placebo group showed marked decrease of their IgA levels, while GABA group showed significantly higher levels. In conclusion, GABA could work effectively as a natural relaxant and its effects could be seen within 1 hour of its administration to induce relaxation and diminish anxiety. Moreover, GABA administration could enhance immunity under stress conditions.
PMID: 16971751 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Andy

Offline Nomad

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »
Thanks Andy 4 the very quick answer. I might give it a try.
Do you have any Suggestion about how much ACC  someone should Take Daily?
I got me a Package of 100gr pure ACC for 17€ and take about 250mg every Day. In your opinion, is it less Or to much? Oh by the Way, cashews seem to have a similar effect like GABA.  :wink

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 06:19:34 PM »
Nomad,

Most of the NAC caps have 600-1000 mg. You might be able to bump the dose up.

I believe cashews stimulate production of GABA.
Andy

Offline Nomad

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 01:14:23 AM »
I will. I m also trying to find some IP6 here in Germany but all i Gounod was inositol-hexaniancinate. Also called Flush-free vit B3. Its not the same is it?
Ps: a handfull nuts, ( cashews macadamia almonds walnuts) is a musst! For many reasons...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk