I am back

• 8 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
I am back
« on: October 25, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »
Dear all :bighug

I am back now . i was busy all the previous month. I travelled, got a new nephew and was busy in my annual exhibition and i really missed you all. I sometimes had a quick look on the posts, but wasn't able to participate.  Now i can.
I will take the couple of coming hours to read what i have missed and i will also give you my update and share with you some of the things i read about.
Until then i really really missed talking to all of you. Wish you all the best :wub :wub

Manal :hug :heartpink :heartpink :heartpink :heartpink

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: I am back
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 04:38:22 PM »
Welcome Back!

Hope you had a good time!

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »
Hi Manal!!!!!

I am so glad you are back! We missed you around here! How is your boy feeling? Great I hope.
I look forward to cathching up!  :friday  :biggrin

:hug
 :wub

Christine

Lauryn's Mom

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 05:56:39 PM »
Wel-Come Back Mrs. Manal

We really missed your precious Posts....! Take Care !
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Manal

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:38:03 PM »
Thanks Sajid and Sahil . I missed you too

Chrissy, i missed chating with you too. Concerning my son, i really don't know ( that sounds foolish, i know),but i can see that there is no progress although I m sure that my doctor is a very good one in thal , not locally, but also internationally.
When my son was first diagnoised, his HB was 6.4, then we took the folic with supplements and multivitamin+ L-Carnitine, then after one month he became 7. After the second month, his HB became 6.1 and i don't know why. but the doctor added Vitamin A and E this month as an extra.She told me that this is normal and that he may go up or down again.
Next Saturday, i will be doing the CBC and see what was going on.
My son activity is the same nothing has ever changed. My doctor still insists that she will never ever transfuse unless he becomes lazy and sleepy.  She told me she might think of the hydroxyurea and she has a lot of patients that are doing well using it, but i was really scared from it  especially after i read namitha's post on it. Any way next week i will know the new reading of the HB and i will keep u all updated.

Take care
Manal

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:53:09 PM »
manal...

i know about hydroxyurea first hand. my baby cousin has been on it for 3 months now and she went from a 6 to 9.3!!!!! she is eating better and her coloring is brilliant. she goes to the same hemo. as Lauryn, and he says it seems to be working beautifully!!! please read under "how was your thal intermedia diagnosed" and you will see Olivia Mary. (this is my cousin) . please read their posts referencing this. you will be encouraged to give it a shot!!  :wink

Love
Christine

Lauryn's Mom

Offline jzd24

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 01:21:12 AM »
Manal,
     It's great to have you back. Congrats on your new nephew. Jean  :wave

Offline Manal

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 01:31:44 AM »
I read the post chrissy and it is really encourging,but what i am afraid of is that these side effect my appear or my not and you will never be ableto know especially fertility and long term side effect which no body knows. That what concerns me.
I am trying to give my son a normal life, how can i give him a medicine that may cause him to be infertile. I know it may not happen but it also may. No body knows. I guess i will live all my life wondering what is right ans what is wrong????

The question is now, either he will live with low HB and of course i will face bone deformity, spleen removal, gall stones,................etc OR give him the hydroxyurea that MIGHT cause infertility and  other hard side effects
That is the big question that i cannot answer, can any body else???????????????????

Offline Manal

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 01:36:05 AM »
Thanks a lot Jean. I missed you too. :bighug

The baby is so cute and by the way i told my sister to put his cord blood in a bank. Who knows??

Love
Manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk