Hello

• 7 Replies

Offline Niyati

• I take it as a challenge ;)
Hello
« on: August 03, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »
Hello ,I am niyati arora a thalassemic girl from India.I am 19 years old and got my first transfusion when I was 11 months.I was on desfrol till 15 years and now I am taking asundera.for better lifestyle ,Heath and beauty. I take supplements along with my regular medicines . I take vitamins E for 15 days then I take B complex for 15 days then after a gap of month again I take B complex then I stop B complex and start with vitamins E.these two helps me maintain a good complexion. My calcium level stays down so I take calmag ( a tablet with combination of calcium and magnesium) 4 tablets a day  and rocaltrol 2 tablets a day with my meals.Also I take one tablet of pholic acid daily. My splene is normal and I don't have other major issues with health but some minute issues effects my lifestyle a lot.  Pleases answer if you can solve any of these :                         I have very less appetite ..what can I do to increase it? I feel very lethargic and need to sleep....I have dark spots (blemishes ) on my face since I vas a child ,they irritate me plzz help!! ...I am week ,what can I do to gain health?...My scars don't go easily I also have a hypo strophic scar on my arm.. How to boost my immunity?..and last one due to so many medications my teeths have turned yellow how can I get my bright smile back? :huh.      Okay I know there are so many questions at one time,really sorry for that...but I felt that this is a place where I can get a lot of help .and I saw that many ppl gained helped over here.sorry agin..  By the way this website is really helpful thank you for making it ..great job  :ty :thumbup
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:50:44 PM by Niyati »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »
Hi Niyati and welcome,

The first thing I want to ask is if your vitamin D level has been tested, as many of your symptoms (lethargy and low immune system) can be affected by low D levels. Most thals test severely deficient in D, so testing is strongly recommended.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Niyati

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »
Yes you are right my vitamin D is a bit low ...I forgot to mention that I have  hypoparathyroidism which is why I take 2 tablets of rocaltrol (calcitriol) 0.25 mg.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:07:10 PM »
Hi Niyati,

Exercise increases appetite so you should try to get daily exercise. This also helps to strengthen the bones. Even walking is very good exercise, so it doesn't have to be anything strenuous. I think that raising your D level to normal will help with the lethargy. Many doctors are changing their advice and recommending high doses of D (50,000-60,000 IU) instead of rocaltrol. Talk to your doctor about this. D levels adjust much quicker with the use of mega doses.

Try to get a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and avoid empty calories and junk food. Never drink colas. they're terrible for bones and teeth. Make sure you're getting enough protein.

I'd like to see some suggestions from other members. Let us know what you think can help.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Niyati

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »
 I will surely ask my doctor about my vitamin D and work on your advice .Thank you so much for your reply :)                      But i cant make out that what is the reason of dark spots on face?

Offline Rashmi

• Lets embrace one another with love and understanding.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 09:42:27 AM »
Niyati,

Don't be too bothered about the blemishes and freckles. The more you worry, the worse it looks.

Go light on fairness creams, lotions etc. It does more harm than good.

You should try Multani miiti, natural face packs(like tumeric, sandle, milk, curd with gram flour). I am sure its going to work wonders.

Most important eat well and drink plenty of water.

Rest follow Andy's suggestions.

WELCOME and take care. Most important love yourself the way you are. True beauty comes from within. None of us are perfect.
lots of love.

Rashmi
Rashmi

Keep calm and face.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »
Hi Niyati,

I am not sure that you belongs to which part of India but I can advise something for teeth. Have you heard of Skin of Walnut tree (akhrot ki datun in Hindi). Just try that it will help you as in Northern part of India it is commenly used (specifically in Punjab,Himachal) and it work, and there is no reason that it will not work for you.

Regards
Sushil Thakur

Offline Niyati

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 08:17:39 AM »
Hello everyone,
Thank you soo much
I will surely try your suggestions  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk