Kefir, Antibiotics and chelation

• 2 Replies
Kefir, Antibiotics and chelation
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I would like to know if someone can give me some information about long therm antibiotics and Iron chelation.

3 weeks ago i was put on 9 moths antibiotic therapy for a recurrent bladder infection, i am taking cefalexin, azithromycin and fluconazole on top of this my usual iron chelation regime, 4 days of L1 and 3 days of Exjade.

To help my guts with the friendly bacteria i am drinking a lot of milk kefir. Yesterday i was supposed to have my blood transfusion but to my great surprise my HB was still 11.9 after three weeks, for my standards this is a miracle but the shocking part is the my ferretin was 2800 something when only 1 month ago was 1500.

Can someone let me know if they had the same experience with the antibiotics making the ferretin higher then usual. IS the kefir to blame?

all the other results were within the normal limits, i don't know what to think. I ve noticed that my urine were not as "red" as they should be when taking L1 but i don't understand why it is not working.

i would appreciate any help

Kind regards 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Kefir, Antibiotics and chelation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:52:57 PM »
Any infection or inflammation will raise the ferritin level, as the body sequesters iron in the ferritin to prevent the bacteria or virus from spreading. Ferritin tests taken while sick will not be accurate. I would not worry at all about the high report.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: Kefir, Antibiotics and chelation
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:57:12 PM »
Thank you Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk