chelation and breastfeeding

• 3 Replies

Offline lily_81

chelation and breastfeeding
« on: November 16, 2013, 03:49:26 PM »
Hi all,
I gave birth to my daughter in Sept 2013. During pregnancy, I got 14 blood transfusions. I'm beta thal minor, never got blood transfusion before and after pregnancy. My daughter is born with different blood type and rhesus. 3 days after labour, doctor ordered my serum iron and TIBC tested, all normal. 2months after that, I got my ferritin tested, result 1072. What type of chelation therapy I should have? Is it safe to continue breastfeeding while doing chelation? I also feel severe joint pain on knee and spine, is it caused by high ferritin? 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: chelation and breastfeeding
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »
Your ferritin is not high enough to use chelation drugs and they are not advised while breastfeeding, unless absolutely necessary and then only desferal. I would suggest trying the supplement IP6. It is a natural iron chelator and is totally safe to use.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline lily_81

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:56:18 AM »
Andy,
I can't find IP-6 in my country. Is there any other safe iron chelator or popular brand name for ip-6? I want to continue breastfeeding.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »
Are there any online vitamin companies that will deliver to your country? IP6 is also known as phytic aicd or inositol hexophosphate (not just inositol). Green tea extract and wheatgrass are also both natural chelators.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk