Thalassemia Major or Minor I don't know I know It is Thal Beta trait

• 8 Replies
Hello everybody
On behalf of my wife, I am writing something for advice from helping leader Mr. Andy and others senior members.
As per report her HB –A -95, HB-A2 -5. As per doctor it is Thalassemia Beta trait
HB up and down 8 to 10. This month it comes to 7.7.She cannot eat regularly. 24 hours her all body (with skin) are paining. Sometimes her belly make so hard & strong. Sometimes her stomach paining and start loose bowels. Always she is crying and telling how long I will bear this trouble? Day by day she is becoming thinner. Always she is talking “Omep” or some other Gastric medicine. She is so weak and randomly she felt down.  Transfusion was given after 6th to 8th month. But now needed after 2 or 3 months. When  HB comes below 8. On 28.06.14 1 bag blood will take. She did not take any supplement or IP 6. Because all faith on doctors. Whatever doctor’s advice, we follow this. In this site, I knew that IP6, wheatgrass and many others supplement are suggested. I think we are not under proper treatment.
Andy
Can you help me regarding this matter, and If we take IP6 what is the procedure of taking it. If we collect wheatgrass powder, what dose we should take per day. What dose we should take IP6? Pls. see the attachment of details

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Thalassemia Major or Minor I don't know I know It is Thal Beta trait
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:55:02 PM »
Her reports do indicate thal trait, but her drop in hemoglobin level is probably not related to thal. Her electrophoresis and CBC both confirm thal trait. An Hb this low is not normal for thal trait and another cause of low Hb should be investigated. I suspect a gastric issue, perhaps an ulcer is causing internal bleeding and resulting in low Hb. IP6 and wheatgrass won't help this. She needs a solution for her gastric problems and more investigation is required. I think the first step would be to test for the H pylori bacteria that is implicated in ulcers. Please talk to her doctor about this test. There is nothing about her symptoms that sounds like they are related to thal, so please have other possibilities investigated. You can read more about H pylori at http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hpylori/
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
Dear Mr. Andy
As per your suggestion, we have gone to doctor & told them details. pls. see the attached documents of doctors.

Note: on 28th June-14, she has taken 1 bag blood. after that we have gone to doctor.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:45:42 AM »
see the attachment

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:54 AM »
Doctors report

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »
Has she taken iron supplements?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline CatherineM

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 04:50:04 AM »
Hi

ESR blood test is showing high which means there is a inflammatory process occurring some where in the body.

As there appears to bowel symptoms.  Seeing a gastroenterologist maybe be a good idea.

Catherine

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:09:14 AM »
this sounds like me before allergy testing a couple of years ago. I had to eliminate some things from my diet. I have confirmed that every time I eat wheat, beef or chicken eggs, my gut swells up and I get diahrrea and feel intensely ill. I just found out about thalassemia this week, so I guess it's good that I don't eat beef and wheat any more anyway.

my gut has always been painful, but it got so much worse after docs put me on antidepressants. I swear those drugs are the worst thing ever invented. they shut my gut down completely.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 09:01:37 AM »
Sir
She has taken Ferasirrox 250 mg 1 dose daily before 1 year.

At present, doctor's told they cannot understand why her body is paining & why she is feeling so weak. Physically she is so weak & body pain is continuing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk