what wrong with the ferritin chelator ?

• 2 Replies
what wrong with the ferritin chelator ?
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »
dear andy,

my girl has been taken exjade for almost 2 years, her weight is 23 kg, and 6 years old. average ferritin is 600 (with interval 2 month for blood transfusion, cause she is intermedia thal), and i only give her 250mg each day , low dosage . but this last two month, on october her feritin become 850, and now this month, become 1450. On october , i double the dosage, but taken twice a day, 250mg in the morning, and 250 mg in the evening, and why in november , her ferritin become so high. We shorten the time between transfusion, because we want to do BMT procedure in thailand. so the doctor ask us to maintenance the HB around 10 above.

How we keep the ferritine below 1000 ? start today, in the morning , she take 500mg, and in the night before sleep, i give her feriprox 500gr , one tablet. am i do the right thing ?

fyi, last month, i change the vitamin d, which is before only vitamin d. now i give her calcium magnesium zinc with vitamin D in one tablet, and also containt zinc,copper,boron, more complete. this vitamin is harmfull ? and may be this vitamin cause the ferrintin increase ?

pleased help andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: what wrong with the ferritin chelator ?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:01:28 PM »
I think her Exjade dose was too low for her weight. It must be increased as children grow. Her dose should be around 700-750 mg daily. With an increased transfusion regimen and the child growing, you have to adjust the chelation. The minerals would not affect the ferritin level.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: what wrong with the ferritin chelator ?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
thanks andy, i will try 700mg dose...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk