UMMM.... HI AM NEW..... HELP?

• 3 Replies

Offline Chewy Love

• ANIME DESUUUUUU
UMMM.... HI AM NEW..... HELP?
« on: February 15, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
Hello, I am Chinese, 16 yrs old, I wear glasses (I think I am legally blind xD) and I have Thalassemia Minor Beta.

My Symptoms
* Continuous stabbing pain in my joints, bones and my chest (around my heart)
* Headaches (I also get it when the sun hits my head)
* Dizziness
* Throwing up (mainly around morning to noon)

I was diagnosed 1 or 2 years back (14 or 15). The doctors thought I was anemic (lack of iron) all these years. So they always gave me iron tables. My dad thought I had growing pain one time. So every month they took blood from me to check my iron. I think it started when I was 6 or maybe younger. So from 6 or younger I complain to my parent about chest pain then these irritating continuous stabbing pain in my joints and bones, headaches, dizziness and other headaches when sun hits my head. Dad thought I was always lying and mom tried to believe me. Once mom found out it was Thalassemia Minor Beta she thought my organs would harden because of all the iron (Just like my aunt and she is in a very bad condition), and I also did a cardiogram and there was nothing. Umm... even though we found out that I have it dad still things I am lying. Dad, one of my brothers and I have Thalassemia Minor Beta. Nothing really helps or NOTHING helps so far. Umm I got Chick V and it has a long term joint pain symptom xD and  my cousin who is a doctor prescribed me Arcoxia 120mg (she said its really strong) so I took it and it did nothing for me sooo idk what to do  :dunno

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: UMMM.... HI AM NEW..... HELP?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:11:22 PM »
Hi Chewy,

Would it be possible to get a copy of your blood reports? And have you had a complete iron panel that includes serum ferritin, serum iron and total iron binding capacity (TIBC)? Cardiogram would not necessarily detect the effects of iron unless the iron loading was severe in the heart. It would be helpful if you can copies of your reports, as your symptoms are beyond what would be found in thal minor.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Chewy Love

• ANIME DESUUUUUU
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »
HI Andy,  I will look for the test results, I have it around the house somewhere. Idk if I did a TIBC I would have to ask mom, and the reason why I did a Cardiogram is because I took a lot of iron tables over the years and mom was concerned that the pain is my chest was caused by the iron hardening around my organs and my heart. Mom just told me that we did a TIBC. Have you found anyone with these symptoms before ? I remember reading that someone had similar symptoms a few yrs back on a different site.

OHH and if you want I can give you my recent blood results because I have it in my email.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:26:19 PM by Chewy Love »

Offline djema

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 04:43:34 AM »
hi, Chewy Love
we with you!!! :bighug

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk