Wheat Grass

• 74 Replies

Offline Lokkhi maa

Wheat Grass
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:37:35 AM »

Dear all,

Please share your experiences and benefit from wheatgrass.How it is working and helpful for a thal patient?When it is applicable?

Please note,
My baby is 17 months 15 days old,weight 13 kg and needs transfusion after every 7 weeks.Already she taken 9 transfusion.Iron overload treatment not started yet.

Will it be helpful for my baby? Please share...
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Dharmesh

Re: Wheat Grass
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 08:32:44 AM »
There has been a lot of talk about wheatgrass recently. We have known for some time that it helps raise the hemoglobin level in some patients by stimulating fetal hemoglobin production, but more recently we have heard many questions about its value as a chelator, so I emailed Dr Chris Reynolds who has long studied the effects of wheatgrass and has long promoted wheatgrass as having great value for thalassemics. This is his reply.
"As for wheatgrass being an iron chelator, I have no doubt about it. I think I may have tried to get the message across some years ago about wheatgrass and beta thal, but it was basically ignored. In fact I have no doubt had any thalassemic patient taken up on regular daily wheatgrass shots, many, if not most, would by now have a better quality of life, have better control over ferritin and iron levels, and possibly be requiring less medication. Here are a couple of articles that back up what I’ve been saying:
http://drwheatgrass.com/BlogRetrieve.aspx
Wheatgrass reduces transfusion requirements and ferritin levels in thalassemia intermedia
The role of iron chelation activity of wheat grass juice in blood transfusion requirement of intermediate thalassaemia. Mukhopadhyay. S., Mukhopadhyay. A., Gupta. P., Kar. M., Ghosh. A. 2007 Am. Soc. Hematol. Ann
Wheatgrass as a natural iron chelator in myelodysplastic syndrome
The role of iron chelation activity of wheat grass juice in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome. Mukhopadhyay. S., Basak. J., Kar. M., Mandal. S., Mukhopadhyay. A. 2009. J. Clin. Oncology 2009:7012
Here is another article (there are several others) showing increased blood element production by bone marrow in cancer patients treated with wheatgrass.
There is also Dr. Marwaha’s ground-breaking article of reduced transfusion requirements in children taking wheatgrass juice daily.
http://drwheatgrass.com/…/post/Thalassemia_major_wheatgrass/
There is also considerable evidence now that wheatgrass has a potent effect on gene expression (which I have been saying for years) and, more specifically, on cellular proteasomes, in a positive way. Cereal grasses are also known to increase growth hormone output from the pituitary, which is most likely the root cause of increased haemoglobin and HbF. Unfortunately, Marwaha didn't measure for this in his patients, but I am almost certain he would have found an increase.
I hope this is of some use to you and your followers."

-from Thalpal FB group
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »

Dear HANUMANT,

Thanks for your sharing.But I want to take decision.So need help and advice...
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 09:12:07 AM »

Dear Andy,

What do you suggest about taking the wheatgrass...
Lokkhi Maa

Offline JV

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »
Thank you for sharing. I tried giving it to my daughter in different ways but she couldn't get past the smell and taste.

Offline zahra

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 07:30:27 PM »
Hi,
Wheatgrass is available in many forms. For little kids wheatgrass super shots from Dr Wheatgrass work well.
This is b/c they only need to take half a teaspoon and because it's taste is good. Its my child's favorite medicine because he likes the taste.  You can order online.
My child is doing well on transfusions and exjade and ferritin is well controlled but it isn't easy to say what helps with what as I am giving most supplements recommended here and homeopathic medicines also.
Zahra

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 04:16:12 AM »

Hello Zahra,

Thanks for your reply..Is wheatgrass will helpful for my 17 months old baby?Is it increase hb level?Exjade and wheat grass both are not available in Bangladesh.How can I get both of them?

Thanks
Lokkhi Maa

Offline zahra

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »
Hi,
Another Bangladeshi thalpal has told me exjade is available there under the name asunra.
Please check for it. Wheatgrass super shots are available online in many places. I ordered from grass factor last time. You can contact them at  info@grassfactor.com for details on how to pay and how they will deliver.

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 02:14:06 AM »

Dear Zahra,

Thanks for your reply and information..
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:48 AM »

Hello Zahra,

Thank you so much... I have got Asunra in my country...Thanks a lot...
Lokkhi Maa

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 08:25:41 PM »
Hi Zahra
Asunra and wheatgrass work is same?
My wife hemoglobin below. She is bearing thal beta. Transfusion need after every 5-6 months.
Can I give her wwheatgrass?

Offline zahra

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 09:07:29 PM »
Hi,
No Asunra is the same as exjade, an oral iron chelator used to remove excess iron caused by the blood transfusions.A doctor should prescribe it and supervise it's use with dose depending on how much the iron overload is.
Wheatgrass juice is the juice of wheat in its early stages of growth. More like a food. You can use this on your own. Has several health benefits including increased energy and there is some research showing it decreases transfusion requirements in some patients. Search it up for more.
Zahra

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 02:35:52 AM »

Hello Zahra,

Before two weeks I have done the following 2 test of my baby and  got the below results.But not test serum ferritin.Doctor said her serum iron is normal.So will I test her serum ferritin now? She already taken 9 transfusion.Her weight is 13 kg.

TIBC: 49.00 mcmol/L

Serum Iron : 25 mcmol/L

Thanks
Lokkhi Maa

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »
Thank you verry much Zara

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 09:26:10 PM »
I have collected wheatgrass powder. From Sunday I will start 1 tea spoon daily.Do you know what time will be the great for taking this? Empty stomach or Full stomach?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk