thalassemia , symptoms & complications

• 2 Replies

Offline Nouna

thalassemia , symptoms & complications
« on: March 22, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »
Hello,
2 years ago, dr. Said that i have thalassemia minor with symptoms, i was suffering from bones & articulations pain
The pain was very strong , i did rhumathoide analyses .. etc also rmi on by back .. all was good, so pain was refered to thalassemia .. few monthes later, i got a very bad circulation pulse & tension very low. My dr. Asked me to visit a cardio, in the eco i have mitral regurge but it's normal.
My dr. Said because of thalassemia plus my alergy from weather & pollution i have a lake of oxygen that's why bad circulation & pain
Pain become stronger specially back pain, i went to another hemologue, he said it's not thalassemia minor but it's a normal anemia, stoped folic acid & took iron
Didn't feel good at all, pulse 50 to 55 ... tension 90 / 47, can't see good .. etc
I repeated the test, hb f 0 & A2 3.9, got an angina & took a sublingual nitrate
actually i stopped iron & returned back to folic acid plus vitamin b 12 ... a litlle bit better .. my tension now is 100 /70 & my pulse within normal ... but don't understand do i have thalassemia minor or not .. in the first analyse A2 was 3.5 & the  hb F was present in the diagram .. my dr. Said that i'm thalassemia minor with major symptoms .. i'm lost & visited too mich drs. & All the time fatigue 2 years ago
Can anyone help me please

Offline Danny.H

Re: thalassemia , symptoms & complications
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 05:35:37 AM »
Hello Nouna
Your history sounds like mine also.
I used to live right on ocean level with lots of air flow and need to walk for everything .
Right now I live in a valley where the air is not so clean  and I drive more than I walk so I noticed the difference on my health but I just was diagnostic with thal minor last year .
Thinking back I can tell you since I moved here I started to age . At first I felt  like aging  but after two pregnancies we think it's normal to slow down ,but the last couple years has been very difficult. Because the pain on joints and muscles . I found an awesome naturopathic doctor that is guiding me about supplements ,but I have been  Talking  with husband about the possibility to move from here to a place with more clean air .
My doctor said the same about lack of oxigenation on brain and tissues . We are definetely considered minors the problem is that most of the MD doctors stick with their books and do not want to go against of what they learn at medical school . My naturopathic doctor is very aware of my symptons and always address to it.
Daniela

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: thalassemia , symptoms & complications
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:59:35 AM »
Hi Nonua

I advise you to consult with Dr. Mervat  Mattar. She is the excellent adult hematologist in thalassemia. As for the best lab, check NBA lab (dr. hisham Essa) ...they are reliable. If you need anything send me a PM so I can give you my phone
manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk