Re: Seizure and E Beta Thalassemia
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 04:32:11 AM »

Thanks Andy and pray for my baby  :heartpink :heartpink
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 04:50:54 AM »
Hello Andy,

My 26 months old baby doesn't respond when I call her name and lot of talk to her.But if TV turn on then she pay attention and move to the TV for watching.Hearing is normal. She turns the pages of a book, but didn't pay any attention when I read,she only smile. She shows me what she wants, but doesn't use words. She doesn't do what I ask her to do. But when I back to home and say come to me she run to me and hold me happily.She gets upset when I don't understand her and shout loudly. Is this normal? Does she just need more time to catch up?

All day she makes various words and sounds.Sometimes call mama,papa but not specifically call us.She make copy all of our movements but not able to copy speech.Every movements,sense,feelings,emotions are ok.She also play with us,with her dolls and toys also.Feels interest to child and when she saw babies in TV or outside she shows it to me,hug with the child,feel very much happy and start dancing.But one thing I have marked when she feels happy then she flapping her hands and shaking boy by dancing..Her speech therapist said this is not good its one kind of autism sign.But I have not seen any abnormalities except lacking of attention and speech.    

Doctor advised for occupational 10 therapy but still not start.Thinking to visit a neuro medicine Doctor.

Whats your opinion Andy?Any opinion,advice,helpful link please share.

We are worried because she is growing up and time are passing. We won't late....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:13:13 AM by Lokkhi maa »
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 03:08:35 AM »
Lokkhi,

She may just need more time to catch up. At her age, it is normal for her to express frustration. Pay close attention to what she is trying to tell you through her motions and her sounds. Make sure you speak clearly to her and let her know the names of things in her environment. She can learn by hearing words repeated to her. It seems like she is still trying to figure out how to communicate, so be patient and encourage her efforts. I think you can still wait a few months and see how she develops. At 2 1/2, if she is not making progress, then you should consider therapy to help her. She had a slow start and you don't know how much she is behind because of it and it may take a few months to see if she is catching up.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 03:28:12 AM »

Thanks a lot Andy... :) :)
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 09:02:28 AM »

Hi Andy,

Is watching TV and look at the mirror are harmful for my baby?She always try to see her shadow and she likes it very much to do.We try but its really out of control.After evening she engage to see her shadow..

What to do?
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 02:55:45 AM »
She's discovering new things. Little children will repeat the same thing many times. It's perfectly normal. Children learn by repetition. And it sounds like she's having fun.
Andy

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 10:15:51 AM »
Hello Andy,

How you can give such a wonderful,positive reply !! :)

I have no words.Thank you so much Andy... :heartpink :heartpink

You know Andy, my baby now always trying to speak.Repeat a word and making various sounds and words.Though all words have no meaning.I am waiting when she she will specifically call me mama....

After reading your reply I am so much happy now and really after long time feeling better...

Thanks a lot Andy..

Which I have post to you about my baby same thing I present to her speech therapist.She observed my baby only 3/4 minutes.After that she advised us which was hard to accept.

"She said, look don't mind actually your baby is autism.Don't worry.Do you know our prime minister have 1 grand daughter who is also autism".

This information I first heard from her and really feeling hopeless.. :sadyup

Lokkhi Maa

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »

Hello Andy,

My baby never chew any food.She keep all in her mouth and if not give some water then she vomit all.So when we see she keeping food in her mouth then we give her 1 spoon water then she swallow.Its her eating process.As she not chew its also another problem not to talk.I read in google if baby chew then the mouth exercise help to speech.What to do?

We tried always but result is vomit everything.Even soft food she swallow by water.Any idea .. :mom

Lokkhi Maa

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 09:39:17 PM »
She may need some physical therapy for this. She is getting to the age where this will be easier to do.
Andy

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 05:51:07 AM »
Hello Andy,

We used electric tooth brush only 15 days and my babies swallow problem has removed.Now she chew her food and enjoying the taste... :smiley

Before 1 week ago we visited a Neuromedicine Doctor for my babies hyper activity and speech problem.He advised for CT scan.We did it and report is perfectly normal.No problems,no autism or abnormalities found.Doctor advised give her time for speech.Now my baby understanding the environment and sometimes speech new words.Doctor also said after stopping phenobarbital next May'16 then her hyper activity and speech will improve and no seizure during this 2 yrs its great...

Thanks to Allah and thanks to all of you... :hugfriend
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:07:06 AM by Lokkhi maa »
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
That is such great news Lokkhi Maa!

Wishing good health for your child in the future. 

Best,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 01:59:03 AM »
That's really good news, Lokkhi maa. She's just a little behind and will catch up quickly. Once she is off the drug, she should progress normally.
Andy

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 03:22:45 AM »

Thanks Andy and  Sharmin .. :)
Lokkhi Maa

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
Really a good news..
Congrats..

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »