Vitamins and Supplements for Infants

• 4 Replies

Offline Syeda

Vitamins and Supplements for Infants
« on: July 16, 2015, 05:01:31 PM »
This question is specifically for Sharmin and the other parents whose children have been diagnosed from a very early age--

What vitamins and supplements are available for infants (if any) that are under the age of 1? I'm having trouble finding liquid folic acid or anything besides vitamin d in liquid form for my 5 month old daughter. My pediatrician has said I can have folate compounded and mix with her formula, but hematologist is advising against giving baby folate because he said they are actually attempting to 'shut down' her own cell production. Does anybody have any further comments on this piece?

Thanks!

Re: Vitamins and Supplements for Infants
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 09:55:54 AM »
In India we get vitcofol drops which are purely folic aci d drops..

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »
In India we get vitcofol drops which are purely folic aci d drops..and in addition there are, vitomin z syp with all vitamins and nutrients and there is no iron in it. nesquik calci n+ is chocolate health milk drink with no addede iron in it. it is nestle product.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »
Why give vitamins and minerals at such an early age. The formula should be enough for now. Others may differ. We introduced vitamins to Little Miss A when she was 2.
Regards.

Offline Syeda

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:50:00 AM »
I guess I wasn't sure how soon to start. I figured the sooner I started antioxidants and the like, the better?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk