samyuktha' BMT

• 77 Replies

Offline samyuktha

• We will Emerge as Winners in Life.
  • We will overcome all the hurdles in Life.
Re: samyuktha' BMT
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 02:44:21 AM »
Dear Andy Brother and Friends,

Thank you all for the guidance and support and Prayers for Samyuktha.
I HAVE A DOUBT TO ASK ANDY BROTHER.WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO SEND SAMYUKTHA TO SCHOOL?
Doctor said she can start schooling from coming JUNE which is only 10 months post BMT.
Should I give one more year for her to rest and keep away from School with so many children.I am worried about her IMMUNITY.
Please ADVICE.

Thank you,

Regards,
VIJI
S.Vijayalakshmi

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 06:40:26 PM »
Given the Indian conditions, surroundings and sense of hygiene chances of catching infection is high which should be avoided as much as possible. You should start with giving controlled exposure and slowly increase the exposure over a period of time. Should wait for at least 16 - 18 month before you let her move freely around or start sending to school. 
Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 11:58:42 PM »
Viji,

The son of one of our members had a successful BMT a few years back.  I will ask her how long they waited to send their child back to school.  I do agree with Himanshu that it is best to protect her as long as possible, and then begin exposing her slowly.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline samyuktha

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 05:24:14 AM »
Dear Friends,

Especially Himanshu and Sharmin.I had the same feeling but since her Doctor was very particular that she may be sent to school 10 months post BMT,I was confused.

Now I have a clarity.Moreover Samyuktha's school Principal is not so large hearted.When I approached him with the Medical leave letter from the Hematologist,He blankly said,he cannot promote her to the next grade for lack of attendance.Whether BMT or any Illness, attendence is compulsory and that Samyu should take her final exams which starts on 26th of this month.I felt his attitude is totally insane and that of a SADIST.

Inspite of explaining him about all the health issues that Samyu faced during and Post BMT ,he seemed least bothered about the Child's psychology.I decided that I dont want to send Samyu to such a school that has a stone hearted Principal.This is the problem with some of the Indian schools.They say they are giving Quality Education but at the cost of the students health and they are shameless to put tremendous pressure on the Students.I pity our Indian children...exposed to Stress and Strain from a tender age of 4 on the grounds of Education and carrying loads of Books in their backpack that would weigh minimum 3 kg.

Any how,I am planning to find a good tutor who can come home and help her keep up to date with her subjects and find a music teacher who can train her in vocal singing.Samyu is a talented singer.She deserves a quality life with nil stress after all that she underwent before.
Thank you for the advice and guidance.

Take care,

Regards,
Viji
S.Vijayalakshmi

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »
Is it the attendance or the fee? :biggrin  :huh.
Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »
You should not send her anywhere that she is exposed to many people until her white cells are normalized and she is in no danger when she is exposed to the type of minor illnesses she will encounter in school.

I have heard so many stories about sadistic teachers and administrators in Indian schools. It's sad that people can be so petty and have so little empathy for others.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline samyuktha

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2016, 04:44:37 PM »
Dear Andy Brother,

You are absolutely right about some Indian Schools and Sadistic Management heads.Cruel are their thoughts and actions that we shudder from sending our children to their institutions but in a country with a bulging population,its very hard to get admission to schools with  value education and Humanity approach.We must have some kind of recommendation in order to get into worthy schools.Thats the fate of Indian children.

Himanshu ,Attendence as well as writing the exams is mandatory for him.Fees has been already paid in bulk in the starting of Academic year.

Thank you,
Regards,
Viji
S.Vijayalakshmi

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 03:05:05 AM »
Viji,

very happy to see progress in Samyu's health after BMT. Wishing her a happy, healthy life ahead....May all her dreams come true.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2016, 01:02:27 PM »
Dear Viji

Great to hear that samyuktha is doing fine. kindly confirm the hospital and doctor name where BMT is done.

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2016, 03:47:00 AM »
Samyukta's transplant was done in Apollo Chennai under Dr. Revathi Raj.

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2016, 09:33:13 AM »
Dear Viji

Thanks for the reply.
If possible please share your mobile no. so that i can speak to u regarding my son.
My son is 11 yrs old and getting BT every 18 days.
I am based in Bhopal Madhya Pradesh
Pl also confirm that samyuktha' BMT is done with 100% match donar.
Regards
Ashish Dua

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2016, 05:14:42 AM »
Dear Viji,
I am so happy to see that Samyutha is now on a victory lap, free from thalassemia!! Will continue to keep praying for her speedy recovery.

I hope one day I could say same of my daughter...

Best regards
R

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 04:48:10 PM »
Hey,

Congratulations first of all. Someone whom I knew locally kept their son isolated post BMT for an year. They made him take a drop for one year and then began resuming his schooling. He is doing great now. It's over 4 years now that he's done with BMT.
Every child is special.

Offline samyuktha

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2016, 11:03:09 AM »
Dear Friends,

Hope you all are doing fine.Today samyuktha is 236 days post BMT.She is happily playing with her brother since he is available at home as summer vacation has started.Sometimes samyu has mild cough otherwise she is doing fine.The summer is at its peak in almost all parts of India.We have our next appointment with samyu's doctor  on 13th May.

Samyuktha gave her exams and she is promoted to 5th grade.Thanks to God and her will power.
S.Vijayalakshmi

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2016, 07:51:56 PM »
So happy to hear that she is doing well and progressing towards normal health.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk