LJPC-401 Anyone know of this?

• 4 Replies
LJPC-401 Anyone know of this?
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:30:15 PM »
http://lajollapharmaceutical.com/product-pipeline/ljpc-401/

Hi everyone i would like to know if anyone knows of this?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: LJPC-401 Anyone know of this?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 03:07:57 AM »
Researchers have made great progress in the past 10 years in understanding how the iron overabsorption system works. I thought it wouldn't be long before a new drug would make it to trials. It's quite intriguing, as it has the potential to prevent too much iron from being absorbed. This would make life so much easier for thalassemics. It will be quite interesting to see the results of these trials and what it means in terms of quality of life for thals. I think the effects will be wide ranging, ameliorating many of the issues found in thals.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:57:42 AM »
Sounds great!!!

I overheard two doctors talking about it in our ward,while i was waiting for them to inform me about some blood results, but i didnt want to seem nosey and ask about what they where talking about. The one doctor has just come back from a confress in the USA.
im just curious in how this new medicine will be taken, i heard they were saying that its something like the pump, just that it will be with like a insulin syringe and needle one shot and we are don and we will only need to prick ourselves at home just ONCE a week and not everyday  like the desferal everyday and for hours.... is this true?

Thank you for the reply Andy  *fingers crossed*

Offline Parin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »
wow, once in a week! Good going...

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 05:30:40 AM »
I don't know how often the injection will be needed. This probably won't be known until they go through the trials. They will start with several different doses just to show safety.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk