Zinc

• 5 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Zinc
« on: April 05, 2016, 04:18:25 PM »
Just a reminder to all thals, we have recently been reminded of the role of zinc for thalassemia patients.  Zinc is absolutely necessary for the pancreas, bones, the nervous system and many other organs in the body.  Thalassemia patients are often zinc deficient, therefore it is important to supplement zinc. 

For those taking a zinc supplement on its own - remember to take it along with copper. 

The thalassemia centre in Oakland is recommending 'One-A-Day for women' for all thalassemia patients - as it contains the ideal levels of vitamins required by thals on a daily basis.

Sharmin

Offline sofear

Re: Zinc
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:55:49 PM »
I heard zinc negatively affects the absorption of copper.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:37:25 AM »
That is true sofear. That is why you have to take it with certain ratio of copper.  Zinc is vital in building bones and fighting diabetes in thalassemia.  

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=393
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:32:08 PM by Sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 06:34:14 PM »
For those who have restless legs or are restless sleepers, try what I am doing. I take a copper and zinc tab and a magnesium tab before sleeping at night. I take them just before getting into bed and I have never slept so well in my life.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 08:30:28 PM »
thanx andy for a very useful advice ... can you please  mention the ratio of zinc n copper ???  i remember you have  already mentioned that several times but unfortunately i forgot that ...
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 08:33:37 AM »
Dear Sharmin

My children (1.7 year) has E beta Thalassemia, his doctor suggested Calcium and Zinc, will long time use this drug will effect on him?

Thanks for your support.

That is true sofear. That is why you have to take it with certain ratio of copper.  Zinc is vital in building bones and fighting diabetes in thalassemia.  

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=393

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk