Oestoporis and high ferrtin levels

• 9 Replies

Offline jatin

Oestoporis and high ferrtin levels
« on: July 29, 2016, 06:30:01 AM »
Hi one of patient has severe orstoporis and high ferrtin levels & T2 * is severe in heart and liver .
What will be best chealtor to avoid bone problem
Thanks

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Oestoporis and high ferrtin levels
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 11:51:28 PM »
Desferal would be the one to avoid most, but when the iron load is severe, desferal is a must, unless the patient can be on full doses of both oral chelators at the same time. High doses of vitamin D and B-12 will also be of help. I would also suggest a natural chelator, as even though they are much weaker than the drugs, they can access places two of the chelators can't at all and can protect vital glands and organs. IP6, green tea extract, turmeric capsules can all help. They are all also potent antioxidants, which will also help protect the organs.

I was told something this week about IP6 that was new to me. This patient is having low white blood cell issues. When he uses IP6, he has found they return to normal. I speculate that it is the antioxidant property of IP6 is preventing the white blood cells from being filtered out by the spleen.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Emby

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 02:37:38 PM »
Hi Andy, please can you explain why desferal is to be avoided regarding osteoporosis.

Thank you.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 02:41:53 AM »
It's actually the toxicity of desferal in high doses that causes bone loss and poor bone growth. It is highly associated with use in patients before 3 years old and at does of over 60 mg/kg.

http://www.esh.org/files/doc/IRON2009_CAP.11(264-285).pdf
y. In regularly transfused
and well-chelated patients, deferoxamine at high doses or at therapeutic doses in
patients with hypersensitivity, can be toxic to osteogenesis, collagen synthesis and
bone turnover, leading to reduced growth (especially of the trunk), protrusion of the
sternum, valgus deformity of knees and elbows, swelling of wrists and knees and sliding
of the femoral head (27, 28).
Andy

Offline Emby

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »
So, once a week of  desferal, 2000mg, is okay...would that also effect bone health..

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 02:37:35 AM »
Once a week desferal shouldn't have an effect on bone growth.
Andy

Offline Emby

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 01:57:59 AM »
Thank you Andy.

Offline Asma Jamal

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 05:20:48 PM »
Desferal would be the one to avoid most, but when the iron load is severe, desferal is a must, unless the patient can be on full doses of both oral chelators at the same time. High doses of vitamin D and B-12 will also be of help. I would also suggest a natural chelator, as even though they are much weaker than the drugs, they can access places two of the chelators can't at all and can protect vital glands and organs. IP6, green tea extract, turmeric capsules can all help. They are all also potent antioxidants, which will also help protect the organs.

I was told something this week about IP6 that was new to me. This patient is having low white blood cell issues. When he uses IP6, he has found they return to normal. I speculate that it is the antioxidant property of IP6 is preventing the white blood cells from being filtered out by the spleen.

Andy,

wanted to know that what are natural chelators and also can you provide some more information about IP6.

Thankx
I may never prove to be good enough for every one...
but i am the best for them who Deserve me

Asma

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 12:54:58 AM »
There are many natural iron chelators, and many herbs like turmeric have iron chelation properties, but two that stand out are IP6 and green tea extract. Both are good supplemental chelators that can remove iron that chelation drugs can't reach. Green tea extract is a concentrated product that does much more than just drinking tea. IP6 is inositol hexaphosphate, a member of the B family of vitamins that is commonly found in the bran of grains like rice. It comes in capsules that can be swallowed or opened and mixed with liquid, but not milk. It should not be taken with milk and is best on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.
Andy

Offline Asma Jamal

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 07:03:33 AM »
Andy,
Thankyou so much for providing the information.
I may never prove to be good enough for every one...
but i am the best for them who Deserve me

Asma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk