Exercise Regime

• 3 Replies
Exercise Regime
« on: September 02, 2016, 08:32:25 PM »
Hi my good friend is a Thal intermedia in his 20's and I am trying to help him find out about a safe exercise routine he can do to guard against muscle degradation. He hasnt been doing much up to now. He is in Southeast Asia and his internet connection is unreliable but I am hoping that he will also join this community as there is an abundance of great information here within an obviously very caring community. I am so glad I found this site. Thank you.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Exercise Regime
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 03:07:24 AM »
Swimming and walking are both good exercises for thals, even if they are not very strong. These exercises enable them to slowly gain muscle without being high impact.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 06:55:28 PM »
Thanks for the response, Andy.  He does walk a little but the heat drains him very quickly at the moment and he needs something to supplement the short walks he can take that he can do at home. I was looking at exercises for osteoporosis patients on youtube that I thought might help that are low impact but are designed to increase bone density and I am guessing, muscle. Are there any guidelines  you can point me to that indicate safe heart rates during exercise for Thals please?  Any exercises that keep him within safe ranges and don't wear him out should be ok, right?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 08:20:46 PM »
I think that currently, your friend should not be doing any exercise where heart rate becomes a concern. Swimming is probably the best as it is no impact at all on the bones. Walking can be done in an indoor setting that is air conditioned, like a shopping mall. Zinc is also a must for the bones.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk