Any help appreciated

• 3 Replies
Any help appreciated
« on: August 14, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »
Hi there

I have recently found out i have thalassemia Minor and was wondering if anyone could possibly help me interpret my results and point me in the direction of supplementation. I already eat a healthy paleo diet and supplement with magnesium, calcium, folic acid, b complex and vitamin d but still suffer from fatigue and constant shortness of breath.  should i be cutting down on red meats and organ meats to limit iron consumption?

I attach recent blood test results as an image

Many thanks for any help

Sid

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Any help appreciated
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 05:30:52 PM »
Sid,

What doses are you taking of folic acid and vitamin D? I would suggest adding sublingual B12 and L-carnitine to your regimen.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
Hi Andy

Thank you for the response. I have just switched from folic acid to folate and I take 2mg. I take 6000iu vitamin D.

I currently take betteryou brand of vitamin  b12 at 1200ug. I hadn't heard of sublingual b12. I will look into it and also start with l-carnitine thank you :)

Offline dq

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »
Hi Andy

Thank you for the response. I have just switched from folic acid to folate and I take 2mg. I take 6000iu vitamin D.

I currently take betteryou brand of vitamin  b12 at 1200ug. I hadn't heard of sublingual b12. I will look into it and also start with l-carnitine thank you :)

Generally speaking you should compare your results with previous results of when you didn't have these symptoms and then apply any additions or subtractions to your diet or supplementations. It is more important in your case as your results do not show any B12 or Folic Acid levels to start with.

It is generally advisable to also have your blood tested a few weeks after you start the supplementations (should you need to) to make sure things are going the way they should.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk