Cold fingers and hands (as well as toes and feet) and reduce Lethargy

• 2 Replies
hi, Thanks to all your efforts and useful information,
i have a thalassemia minor and suffer lack of concentration in planning everyday tasks and confusion also  often  my fingers and toes are cold.
I have some question:
1-   Please introduce me some best supplements for improving concentration (now I consume Neurozan VITABIOTICS)
2-   If I need Folate (B9), can you guide me about amount of consumption and good supplements that suitable for vegetarians?
3-   Also please advise me some recommendations that can improve my concentration and reduce Lethargy.
 Thank you so much and the result of my last blood test is shown in below:
Hematology
WBC: 5.2
RBC: 6.29
Hgb: 12.0
HCT: 35.4
MCV: 56
MCH: 19
MCHC: 34
RDW-CV: 20.6
Platelets: 273
Hypochromia:+1
ovalocytosis: +1
target cells: +1
microcytosis: +2
Biochemistry
FBS: 72
choloesterol: 117
Triglycerides: 102
BUN: 15
creatinine: 1.0
SGOT: 25
SGPT: 11
Special Biochemistry   
Ferritin: 277.3
vitamin B12: 446
Vitamin D3: 23.9
Immunoassays-Endocrinology
T3: 1.3
T4: 8.5
TSH: 2.1

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Cold fingers and hands (as well as toes and feet) and reduce Lethargy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 03:35:51 PM »
Sorry, I missed this post.

All very commonly reported issues with thal minor.

Your vitamin D is low. 30 is the minimum "normal" level, but thal minors should strive to get the level above 50. Once weekly dosing with high potency capsules, 50,000-60,000 once weekly may be needed to raise the level. Natural vitamin E (if it's in gel caps, you can poke a tiny hole in the capsule with a pin and squeeze out the vitamin E). 400 IU daily. This will help improve the circulation, while providing a top antioxidant. Vitamin C, 500-1000 mg daily will also improve the condition of the tiny blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow to the extremities. 2 mg L-methylfolate along with 1000-25000 mcg of sublingual vitamin B-12 which dissolves under the tongue. If tiredness persists, take l-carnitine tablets, as well. Make sure you get some exercise to help improve your circulation.

If you want to send me links to supplement descriptions, I can take a look and see if they are appropriate, keeping the need for veg products in mind (I do the same for myself).
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: Cold fingers and hands (as well as toes and feet) and reduce Lethargy
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:12:26 PM »
Sorry, I missed this post.

All very commonly reported issues with thal minor.

Your vitamin D is low. 30 is the minimum "normal" level, but thal minors should strive to get the level above 50. Once weekly dosing with high potency capsules, 50,000-60,000 once weekly may be needed to raise the level. Natural vitamin E (if it's in gel caps, you can poke a tiny hole in the capsule with a pin and squeeze out the vitamin E). 400 IU daily. This will help improve the circulation, while providing a top antioxidant. Vitamin C, 500-1000 mg daily will also improve the condition of the tiny blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow to the extremities. 2 mg L-methylfolate along with 1000-25000 mcg of sublingual vitamin B-12 which dissolves under the tongue. If tiredness persists, take l-carnitine tablets, as well. Make sure you get some exercise to help improve your circulation.

If you want to send me links to supplement descriptions, I can take a look and see if they are appropriate, keeping the need for veg products in mind (I do the same for myself).
Dear Andy Thank you so much for your attention and professional guides. your comment is very helpful and i follow your guidance. Thank you and best wishes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk