Migraine headache in thalassemia major

• 3 Replies

Offline jatin

Migraine headache in thalassemia major
« on: September 06, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »
Has any one migraine headache in thalassemic major .
What care should be taken pls suggest your experience.
Thanks to all
Jatin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Migraine headache in thalassemia major
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:20 PM »
I don't know if there's any specific relation between migraines and thalassemia, but if anyone has any tips, I would also like to know, as my wife gets them occasionally. I've been getting ocular migraines that don't have a headache but distort my vision, limiting my online time lately. Again, if anyone has ideas that are known to help, we would appreciate it.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 04:50:44 AM »
I do get headaches but it’s usually because my hemoglobin has fallen. Meaning not enough blood is going to the brain.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 08:59:35 AM »
I used to get migraines with an aura warning 20mins before a 3 hour headache approx every month, now they are far less frequent. I supplement with very low dose thyroid (t3), and I think that helps, i think it may also be related to glucose metabolism. I have heard that alot of sugar and progesterone can help stop it. Last time i did a hike on an empty stomach i got one.

Interestingly also i took some liver herbs and immediately got the worst 6 hour+ migraine of my life. Either it stimulated something in my liver, or the herb irritated my intestine i think.

the study cited below makes a link between  migraines and nitric oxide. I think there is debate as to whether nitric oxide is healthy or not.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/oct/18/migraines-could-be-caused-by-gut-bacteria-nitrates-food-trigger-study-suggests

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk