• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    May 13, 2021, 03:04:42 PM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andythalpal@yahoo.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal thalpal.com Ā© A. Battaglia 2021

55477 Posts in 5941 Topics by 6282 Members
Latest Member: Shane20

Forum Tip: 
You can now simply type thalpal.com into your browser and it will take you to this site. Tell your friends about this easy-to-remember name.
www.thalpal.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rejection of blood donor by blood bank in case of low hemoglobin  (Read 64 times)
Dharmesh
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

« on: May 03, 2021, 04:48:34 PM »

Hello 100 Andy bots and Everyone,

Recently, I came to encounter a situation where blood bank rejected blood donor due to low hemoglobin level.

I want suggestion for diet or supplements which can be given to the blood donors, who are getting rejected, so that they can improve their hemoglobin level and can donate blood after sometime.

Thanks and regards,
Dharmesh

Start listening your body, it always gives signs
Andy Battaglia
Administrator
Supreme Member

Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 09:15:19 PM »

Hi Dharmesh,

The thing that has the best reports for raising Hb is taking vitamin B-12 and L-methylfolate together. I would suggest 5 mg of each daily. Wheatgrass tablets may also help and have aided my wife during cancer treatments.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.
dahlsi

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 07:02:12 AM »

Hi Dharmesh,

It's interesting to hear you tell this story - as this is exactly how I ended up finding out about my Thalassemia minor!

Of course, I wasn't actually diagnosed at the time - but it's what led doctors to realise that I had consistently low haemoglobin levels. I was told that I could never donate blood again...

Having said that, maybe after following the nutritional advice provided on this website - you may have better luck than me.

Let us know how you go. Good luck!

Cheers, Dalia

Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: