Help with my test and symptoms please!

• 2 Replies
Help with my test and symptoms please!
« on: December 31, 2022, 07:42:29 PM »
Happy New Year all,

I'm starting to have more symptoms as a Thal Minor in the last 3 years. I am 40 years old, 5' 11' and weight 200lbs. I go to the gym twice a week and walk 30min on average daily. In the past 3 years I am noticing symproms I have never had, some of them could be related to my condition and some could be the result of aging. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the following symptoms below.

1. Extreme Fatigue
3. Severe Dry eyes specially at night (Dr. Says it's MGD and Belaphritis)
4. Pain in ribs and joints
5. Having a hard time losing belly fat.

Blood test resutls:
White blood cell count: 7.3
Red Blood cell count: 6.6
Hemoglobin: 12.5
Hematocrit: 39.6
MCV: 60
MCH: 18.9
MCHC: 31.6
RDW: 18.4
Platelet: 253

Vitamin B12: 350 pg/ml
Vitamin D: 30 ng/ml

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daily Vitamins I take:
D 1000 iu
Folate 1000 MCG
Zinc 50 MG

Questions: Can I take methyfolate 15mg daily along with folate?

Should I take B12 vitamin daily or change my diet and get it through food

Should I start getting L-Arginine daily?

I have passed 2 kidney stones in the past year. I think because I was taking creatine and whey protein and eating kale and spinach. Would I develop a kidney stone if I take more vitamins daily?

Thank you so much!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 06:24:03 AM by Thalminorguy »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Help with my test and symptoms please!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 08:27:26 PM »
Thalminorguy,
I would suggest higher doses of vitamin D and L-methylfolate. My D level is quite high, as I want it, and it took taking 50,000 IU once weekly to get it where I want it. I am on a high dose of folate daily, 8000 mcg and it is the only thing that gets me through the day. I would not hesitate to take B-12 daily. I am also on a very high, 5000 mcg daily dose. With my thyroid, I have found that folate and B-12 are required for me to get through the day. Magnesium is also recommended. As far as kidney stones, it might be advisable to avoid foods high in oxalates. Good hydration is also extremely important at all times. Turmeic capsules may help with the body pain. I take it morning and night to relieve chronic joint pain.

I want to mention that your RDW is borderline for iron deficiency and it may be helpful to make sure you have adequate iron in your diet. Even though supplements are usually contraindicated in thal minor, a diet that contains adequate iron is necessary.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: Help with my test and symptoms please!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 12:25:41 AM »
Thank you so much Andy! I just ordered B12 and Magnissuim vitamins.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk