PEs (Pulmonary Embolisms) AKA blood clots in Thal Majors

• 17 Replies
Re: PEs (Pulmonary Embolisms) AKA blood clots in Thal Majors
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 05:01:51 PM »
hiya im louise my mum has wrote you a message about my clots. i only found out that i have the clots on my lungs about 5weeks ago it really scared me and my family because i seen a doc first and she throught i had a gut problem and i didnt go back to the doc i would have died a coulpe of days later so its a good job that i went back!!!!
i didnt have to stay in hospital... which im happy about but im on injections and 9 warfrin every night which i dont like!!! when they found my clots my INR was 1.0 i got my self up to 2.9 over the weeks so they took me off the injection and i droped back down to 1.6 so im back on them now! i go for my blood tests 3 times a week. no i have shown my feelings... im ok haha!! i havent been tested for thal i will be in 6months though... now my mum has found out about it so could you exsplain more about it please because we are very new to all this and its quite scary!!!
thankyou for listening

louise nuala (mother) :wink

Offline Narendra

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »
havent been tested for thal i will be in 6months though... now my mum has found out about it so could you exsplain more about it please because we are very new to all this and its quite scary

It is not as scary as it sounds. You cannot be a thal(major) which is the severe form of thalassemia - so relax. Most of the posts on this site might be related to thal(major). The other form of thalassemia - Minor (which sometimes shows no symptoms) or Intermedia (which can be mild or severe). Usually, if the blood reports show the Red Blood Cell size smaller (MCV value) and the person is not Iron deficient, further testing (Hemoglobin Electrophoresis is a good test) should be done to find out if a person has Thalassemia (Trait)

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 08:36:01 PM »
hi.. thanks for the info, off on nights now ugh!!

nuala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk