living in the desert with thal

• 37 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: living in the desert with thal
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 03:12:15 PM »
Your thyroid levels are fine, Dharmesh.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
Thank You for the guidence.
Thank God.
But what about coldness and symptoms.
Sweat makes me cold ?
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
I live in the high desert of New Mexico and always have had a problem with heat. Before that I lived in Virginia and the heat AND humidity bugged me. I get the nosebleeds, too.
My daughter fusses at me all winter long because I won't turn the heat up...

Anyway, several years ago I bought a window unit ac and then a couple years ago I bought another. The swamp cooler just doesn't cut it late summer when even the desert is humid.

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
I live in Riyadh Saudi Arabia and we survived 60C this year. I mean 60 degree Celsius. And i feel unusuall.y more heat than normal people and my room temperature is unbearable to other people. Iusually weear tshirt in winter weather, sleep without blanket with direct AC air throw on me. When in a closed room with others ina room during winter, my ears emit heat and i feel so hot  that i leave the room and go outside in cold to lower my temperature. It must have to do with haemolysis
Waleed

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 07:54:21 PM »
Hi Waleed,

I think it is the heat wave. 60C, no kidding. In Canada the other extreme is -25C to -30C during winter with windchill. People would suffer frost bite if skin is exposed more than 10 minutes. The snow turns into hard ice. Well, what a wonderful world it is.
Regards.

Offline theresainadelaide

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
I am so glad that I found this thread. I live in South Australia and it's unbearable hot during the summer. We get temps of 40 degrees celcius and higher all summer. The heat absolutely kills me. I get severe migranes, nose bleeds and chronic fatigue. I sweat so bad that I have to change my clothes several times a day. Both of my parents, my son, my brother and I all have Thal Minor and we all suffer badly in the heat. My brother and I are lucky that we only Thal Minor given that both of our parents also have Thal Minor.
good luck getting cooler housing. Your family deserves to be comfortable
Cheers
Theresa

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
My 15 month old daughter too sweats a lot. Though we stay in Bangalore where summer isn't too hot, i have observed her perspiring profusely during summer. I did not think this was unusual till I saw her sweating this winter as well, even at night. Though it is not very chilly in Bangalore during winters, it reasonably cold in the morning and at night. While rest of us don't prefer to be under a fan during winters,  she likes to be under a fan as she feels warm and hot most of the times. All the while I was wondering what could be the reason for her sweating so much but it never occurred to me that it possibly could be because of her being a Thal major.
Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
My 15 month old daughter too sweats a lot. Though we stay in Bangalore where summer isn't too hot, i have observed her perspiring profusely during summer. I did not think this was unusual till I saw her sweating this winter as well, even at night. Though it is not very chilly in Bangalore during winters, it reasonably cold in the morning and at night. While rest of us don't prefer to be under a fan during winters,  she likes to be under a fan as she feels warm and hot most of the times. All the while I was wondering what could be the reason for her sweating so much but it never occurred to me that it possibly could be because of her being a Thal major.
I also experience this. I sleep outside (as in in the other room) currently (during winters) just due to the fact that my parents can't bother fan and I cannot sleep without it. I Just need mild fan during winters most of the time to fall asleep or else I'd just rotate in the bed from here to there, lol. I'm also sweating now while I'm typing (probably as there was my BT today). It's normal, don't worry.

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk