Decreasing WBCs

• 8 Replies

Offline anjali_zakky

Decreasing WBCs
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »
Hi all

My WBC are continuously decreasing . The TLC  have reached 1740 from 4800 in 3 months. I have also stopped kelfer for past 2 months....anyone can help..how to go about it..

Anjali ???
Cheers nd Keep Smiling !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Decreasing WBCs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:00:39 PM »
Hi Anjali,

You have not taken the Kelfer in two months and your white counts are still decreasing?  When was the last time you saw your doctor?  You should be getting your blood checked weekly to see if your white counts are coming back up.  It's very dangerous to have them continue to decrease. :sadyup

In the meantime, try to stay away from people who are sick and wash your hands more frequently.

Offline Hallu

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »
Anjali,
Are you on Hydroxy urea treatment? I know that a possible side effect of that treatment is reduction in WBCs count.

--Hallu

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:35:18 AM »
Please talk to the doctor immediately about this drop. It shouldn't be continuing after dropping kelfer. You might also try taking some echinacea herb. It can have a positive effect on wbc count and also does help prevent infection. Do not take for more than two weeks straight as it loses its effect.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 12:57:57 PM »
Hello to all,

After reading the recent posts in regards to decreasing wbc's, I personally think its a matter for a medical professional to consol anjali. However I did come across some handy info for us consumers (patients) to familiarise ourselves with.

I have copied and pasted the link below. 

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/cbc/test.html

Good Luck Anjali and please let us know how you go.

Miaki

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 08:21:17 PM »
Shilpa reminded me of the case of one of our dear friends who was taken off kelfer because of low wbc's only to see a continuing drop in their level. It turned out to actually be caused by hepatitis which had been diagnosed but never mentioned to the patient. Treatment for hepatitis was what was needed. He was able to resume kelfer. If you do have hepatitis this should be considered as a possible cause for the drop in the wbc's.
Andy

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »
do anyone know how is anjali_zakky now?

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »
Anjali was at the Singapore conference in October, 2008 and was doing quite well.
Andy

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 05:30:42 AM »
Happy that she is fine.
I got worried for her WBCs decrease. but i am glad now to hear good news about her :clap :yahoo :cheer :yahoo :cheer

Mohamed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk