Why Hello There!

• 3 Replies

Offline Ida-Maria

• thal major patient
Why Hello There!
« on: February 04, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »
Hello! My name is Ida-Maria and I am 18; my sister and I both have thalassemia major. I was searching for thal sites to see if there are any recommendation on foods that can be bad or to be eaten in moderation for thal patients... since I want to try my hand at getting healthier since I am far from it. Anyway - I stumbled onto this and I've been on message boards before but I've never been on a thal related website... it's kind of reassuring since I've always wanted to know more people who are going through what I am (other than my sister)... since people here can never really relate or understand how I'm feeling or what I'm talking about.  :biggrin

So here I am and thats... my story on finding this.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Why Hello There!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »
Hello Ida-Maria!  :hithere

Welcome to the group!  Glad to have you here with us.   :hugfriend

I'm happy to hear that you have found us in search of becoming healthier.  I hope you succeed, and I know you will with hard work and determination.  We are all here for you when you need us. :)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:31:47 AM »
Hi & Welcome to this site!
I too only found the site a few months ago myself but it has been most helpfull & the people!
I fully understand how you feel as i too have a sister (her & i ) have thal major.
Hope you find the info you are looking for and take care  :wink
sydneygirl

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »
 Hi! :hithere Welcome to the group! May you find this site/group helpful to you and your sister, I know we did. I also have a sister and we are both a thal major, too. Take care! and oh convince your sister to join this group also, the more the merrier! :grin
LYANNE :yahoo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk