It's been a while! :)

• 4 Replies

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
It's been a while! :)
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »
Hi to all,

sorry i havent been on in a while! I've had a lot of personal things going on. I've been studying for my Pharmacy Certification test, and i havent been feeling well.
My lung situation is good. I guess I did have valley fever, and it is just scar tissue. :)
BUT, I had an MRI done of my back and I have 2 herniated discs, an anular tear...AND degenerative disc disease! My MD wants me to go to a Neurosurgeon. I am in a bit of pain as you can imagine.(This was caused by a roll over accident I was in 7 years ago).... sigh...

Regarding Lauryn, she is fantastic. we go back to the hemo. on Feb 19th. (the day before I go back to work) :(
she is eating great and hardly sleeping! LOL is that a good thing or a bad thing? LOL
her coloring is perfect.  her giggles are so infectious!!! we are truly blessed.
i hope all is well with you guys! take care, and I will try to log in more often!~ I MISSED YOU :)

Oh! By the way! My family is definitley going to the conference in california in April!!!
I am so excited! I hope to see some of you there!!

xoxoxo
christine

Lauryn's Mom

Kathy11

Re: It's been a while! :)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:58:42 PM »
Hi Christine.
It nice to know Lauryn is doing well .
Sad to hear about your herniated disc, it must be hard when you need  a good strong back to care for your little girl .Hope the surgeon can help ,they do wonders these days.I know a 79yrs old lady that had her herniated disc repairs recently and she now has a new lease on life.
You are coping fantasticaly  considering. Keep up the good work .
Take care ,
Kathy.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »
Welcome back Christine . We really missed you :hugfriend :hugfriend

Hope everything will be fine again, lots of hugs and kisses to you and Lauyrn

Love
Manal

Offline jzd24

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 05:40:16 PM »
Good to hear from you again, Christine. I hope you can get your back problems taken care of properly. It seems like with back problems there is a lot of waiting, trying different things, etc. It's hard to do daily activities with a painful back.
      Lauryn's doing great - that's wonderful! We are never happier than when our children are doing good. Take care, Jean

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 12:47:41 AM »
Hi Chrissy!  I'm so glad to hear that you and Lauryn are doing well!  I'm sorry to hear about your back, though.  That kind of pain is terrible.  I have 3 herniated disks myself, and my docs want me to see a neurosurgeon also, but I'm frightened to get any type of surgery that close to my spine.  I'm glad to hear that your lung issue is ok, though.   :hugfriend

I'm also glad to hear you are going to the conference in April.  I used to go every year, and they are very informative.  I haven't been able to participate the last few years due to school and what not, and I doubt I'll be able to go this year either.  :-\

By the way, how did you end up in a rollover?  How scary.  I'm so glad that you are alive!  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk