I'm home...AGAIN!

• 5 Replies

Offline Courtenay1826

• Mommy to Karol & Mychael
  • Thal Minor (with symptoms!)
I'm home...AGAIN!
« on: February 18, 2007, 02:20:48 AM »
 :biggrin

I'm back! Big thanks to everyone for supporting my mom the past couple of days!! She was really worried, and we were sure you would be too if you didn't hear from me for a while.  My blood levels have stabilized with a cocktail of Repliva, potassium drinks (YUCK!), and B12 shots.  My re-admitting experience went so much better than the original surgical experience.  I was put on the fourth floor of the hospital (Orthopedics & Advanced Hemodialysis unit) It's mixed due to space issues, I guess...But the wonderful thing was that the rooms were completely updated with sublimely comfortable beds and nice surroundings.  I had a beautiful view that helped with the pain, and wonderful nurses that tried their best to make me calm and in a mood to get better.

My ekg was normal, and the potassium deficiency was explained by diet - I guess because I can't eat a lot of meat due to poor digestion, and no bananas due to an allergy to the natural latex in them - I was using up all my reserves without replacing them. 

My incision sites look great.  There was no blood in the abdomen like Dr. Kumar thought there might be, just a lot of scarring.

That's all I can think of for now...Any questions, I'd be glad to answer!...FYI, Kathy - I have PCOS and took Metformin...and I always had trouble with it.  Made me so sick, I could barely keep anything down.

Also, I have a picture of the incision sites for anyone that would like to see.  It's sorta icky, so I won't post it unless everyone's ready for it and/or interested.

Love,
Court

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: I'm home...AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 08:49:37 AM »
Hi there! :welcome back

Good to see you back and I'm glad that this time you found a better nursing staff.

Wishing you a speedy recovery :getwell

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »
Glad to know you are back to home again :hugfriend :hugfriend

Wishing you a speedy recovery which i am sure you will have at home. Greetings to your mum

Manal

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »
GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER !!!  :hugfriend

Lauryn's Mom

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 12:49:40 AM »
I'm so glad you are doing well, Courtenay, and that you had a much better experience this time.  So glad to have you back with us.  You had us worried.   :hugfriend

Offline jzd24

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 05:17:48 AM »
It's great to hear you are doing somewhat better, and had improved nursing care. Hope you get better and better each day. Jean

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk