Thalassemia trait and I feel very tierd/fatigue

• 3 Replies

Offline Manoj

Thalassemia trait and I feel very tierd/fatigue
« on: March 01, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »
Hi!
I have Beta Thal trait and I have always felt very tierd. I have a lived a verty normal life but tired of being tierd. What can i do and what can i take to feel better??

I am taking folic acid and my blood test show HB levels of 13.8 and iron level too is fine.

Regards.
Manoj

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Thalassemia trait and I feel very tierd/fatigue
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 01:10:58 PM »
Hi Manoj!

Do you take multivitamins without iron?  That should also have the folic acid in it, so you can eliminate that pill if you took a multivitamin.  Also, some very mild exercise can get your metabolism going and may make you feel better.  Your hemoglobin is fine, it's in range, albeit the low end of the range, but it's still in the range it's supposed to be in, so that's great. :)  Try to take some vitamins with everything in them except for iron and see if that helps you.  Try that with a little bit of exercise.  Don't exert yourself.  Even a little bit of walking will do the job.

Do you eat right?  Sometimes eating too many carbohydrates can make you tired.  Try to get more protein and veggies into your diet, unless you are a vegetarian of course.   :biggrin

I'm sure the other members will have some other ideas for you.  Maybe they have done certain things that have helped them.  I haven't found what works for me yet, so I can only tell you what can work in general. :)  I'm always tired, but I'm not very good at taking vitamins either, so that could be why I'm more tired than I need to be.  :dunno

You can also try juicing fruits.  I have a fruit and veggie juicer, and I love fresh juice.  It gives me a lot of energy after I drink it.  I usually juice some apples, carrots, pears, and parsley, and it's really tasty and good for you.  It has a lot of vitamins in it, and it makes me feel better.  So, maybe you can give that a shot too.  :)

Offline jzd24

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:21:07 AM »
One thing that makes me really tired is if I eat too much food with sugar in it. I just can't take much sugar anymore, I get unbelievably tired. Eating really well helps me, also. Walking does help, but I am usually too tired after work to do it! When the weather gets a little warmer, I plan to try to get out and walk a little. I'm afraid it is a problem that many people with thal. have. Good luck - hope you find something that helps you.  Jean

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 07:19:20 AM »
Yeah, eating carbohydrates is the same thing as eating sugar.  Carbs turn into sugar and when your body comes down off the sugar, you can get extremely tired.  :(

That really stinks, because I love both carbs and sugar.   :sadyup

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk