Generic vs Brand Name Desferal

• 18 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Generic vs Brand Name Desferal
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 05:05:34 AM »
Jean,

I don't think you should have to trade quality of life for lower ferritin. If Exjade proves to not be enough, find out if your doctor will allow the combination use of Exjade and desferal. Danielle has used both with no problems. Doctors are hesitant to prescribe both because of a lack of knowledge about it but some patients are using the combination. Perhaps Dr Vichinsky can shed some light on this. The other thing I have heard about Exjade is that when you first take it, you may see a rise in ferritin levels as iron is released from your organs into your bloodstream. It is believed that eventually, this higher concentration of iron in the blood will subside. Time will tell.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline jzd24

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 03:10:10 AM »
Andy.
     I am hoping that my ferritin level will be lower next month, otherwise I will work on getting one of the doctors to start up desferal again along with exjade. It all takes time when you're working with doctors who are so far away, and it gets frustrating. Thanks for your help and support - it means so much.  Jean

Offline asim_aziz

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
@sajid mine says DESFERRIOXAMINE METHANESULFONATE and i got it from jamillah sultana where did you got yours???
in the race to be the champion there no finish line.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
Hi Asim,

The ones that I mentioned are from the Pakistan Thal. Society in Liquatabad.

Take care, Allah Hafiz!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk