Post a Tribute to acknowledge the efforts of a caring friend...

• 3 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Post a Tribute to acknowledge the efforts of a caring friend...
« on: February 19, 2006, 10:05:17 AM »
My first tribute goes to ANDY!!  :clap

He is doing a great job of carrying the torch forward of what Lisa Started by maintaining this forum and moving on to better and improving sites! There aren't many people like Andy who dedicate their personal time and effort for a cause that does not relate to them directly!

He is one of the friendliest person I've met on the net. The first day I met him was on the last Chat of MSN, and he was so friendly as if we had known each other for a very long time!

Andy truly cares about all Thals and he has won everyone’s heart by his friendly and caring personality; just like any super-hero we see in movies or we read about in comics. Andy is no doubt a Super-hero for all of us! WAY TO GO "CAPTAIN THAL CARE!!"  :thumbsup :party

The one word to describe Andy would be "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!" (Seriously, it is a real word of the English Language. Check it out on http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/l/longestword.html if you like, apart from the medical and chemical words, which are also crazy long words! )
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:07:28 AM by sajid »
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
My Tribute to Danielle
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:18:25 AM »
Danielle is truly an amazing person! She has gone through so much in life. She fought for survival like a brave soldier. She has provided us with so much information through her experiences that could prove useful in saving our own lives. She is doing such a great job with Andy by maintaining and contributing her knowledge to this site. She is indeed an inspiration for all of us!

Furthermore, she chose a career of nursing that will no doubt benefit not only Thals but also other patients as well.

She is no doubt our 21st century "Florence Nightingale" (The pioneer of nursing).
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Post a Tribute to acknowledge the efforts of a caring friend...
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »
Sajid, that was so incredibly sweet of you.   :blush  Thank you so much, that was lovely.   :biggrin

I'm very happy to be part of this group that we have here.  Lisa accumulated the best group around, and it has been my absolute pleasure to help Andy carry on her legacy.  Not one moment of the time that I spent putting this forum up did it feel like *work* to me.  I'm very happy with the way things turned out, as Andy is, and I'm glad we will never have problems with MSN again.  It's nice to be able to participate again, since MSN kept locking me out, and I wasn't able to get in.  I really love this place.   :wub

I have to say that each and every one of you are just as important to this forum as Andy and I are.  Without you guys, this forum wouldn't be possible, or even practical.

Each of you have stories, and situations, that we can all learn from.  It always helps to know that we're not alone in this battle. 

Thank you for your kind words, Sajid.  You're a wonderful person, and I'm happy that you are here with us.   :hug

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Post a Tribute to acknowledge the efforts of a caring friend...
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 04:47:12 PM »
Aww Sajid,

You got me blushing away here.  :blush

I hope you all know how much you mean to me and how much I get out of helping out here and elsewhere. For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm doing something that really matters to people and what that does for my soul cannot be measured.

I was brought up in a Christian Church and school, and although most of the dogma and ritual has not become part of my life, the one law that we were told by Jesus as being above all other laws has made the greatest impact on my life...

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

This law is shared by most religions and to me it is the single most important guide to life for us. I have tried to honor this rule and I believe it is the one thing that can cut across all religion and all belief and unite all of humanity as one people.

I have had some recent opportunities to travel to international thal conferences and the one thing that does stand out to me is that it doesn't matter who we are or where we are from, we are all still the same. Our similarities are far greater than our differences.

I have been accepted into this community and in my opinion it is a great community and I am grateful to be part of it.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk