• 47 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Am I sick? I don't think so.
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 04:32:36 AM »
Hi everyone,

I got the results of another battery of tests and most of them look pretty normal. I still don't know what's wrong with my blood counts and why my joins are in pain when I walk or have little exertion!?!?

The two LFTs are pretty high:
Serum ALT=179 which should be <42 U/l
Serum  Alkaline Phosphate=405 which should be in between 65-306 U/l

Bone profile seems o.k but not that good:
Serum Calcium=2.19 which should be in between 2.1-2.65 mmol/l
Serum Phosphate=1.87 which should be in between 0.8-1.67 mmol/l

Thyroid profile looks nice and good and was relived to see them as I was most worried about it. I thought I had under active thyroid that is causing all the troubles :biggrin

Serum Free T4= 14.8 which should be in between 8-24 picomol/l
Serum TSH=2.9 which should be in between 0.4-4.0 mIU/l

This morning I woke up suddenly and found my nose bleeding like crazy! This is the second time in 15 days. My nose and throat feel dry as a rock especially eversince I am using the medicine for my stomach infection.

I'm going in tomorrow for another Trans X and discuss the medicine since my mouth turns into rubber when I take the medicine especially the one which contains attapulgite. I hate that one as it sticks to the tongue and throat and refuses to go down! :rotfl

This has been a rough month for me approx 5 TransX!!!

I hope that everyone else stays well!

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 04:42:07 AM »
I hope you feel better Sajid,
We all pray that you will get past this and your hg will remain stable without so many tx.

My son's tx requirement increased last year because of a warm antibody - which has been controlled with prednisone (when taken the way Andy suggested) has brought his tx requirement to once a month.   I'm not sure what is causing your hg to be so low but I hope your doctor's figure it out and resolve the problem.

All the best Sajid,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Kathy11

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »
hi Sadjid,
I  admire your courage and strength, you are so strong and you portrait your struggles as if its easy.when we all know that it 's so hard for you.I know    you endure lots of pain and in the meantimes  you are always and unselfishly giving your time and encouragement to this website and all of us members
Its a person like you thats gives hopes and makes life easier for all other thal patients.
I hope your health improve and the amount of transfussion decrease.   be strong'Take care because we all care for you and thank-you for being the great person you are, :getwell :getwell :getwell
Kathy

Offline jade

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 03:22:37 PM »
Hi Sajid

I am sorry to hear that you are not well.  I hope you can find a solution to your problem soon.  It seems as if you have an infection.  I have heard that throat infection may lead to joint pains when it gets complicated( don't know if it is true).  Are you on antibiotics? What are your doctors' opinions.

Hope you get well soon
Jade

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 04:50:40 PM »
Thanks everyone for your concern! :grouphug you guys are the best!

Hi Jade,
Funny as it may sound, I feel great!! except for the stomach problem which is getting better day by day ever since I started the remedy from mum's kitchen clinic :biggrin (For those interested, here is the recipie: some yogurt, a banana, some Plantago Husk (ispaghol) and a some mint leaves. Mash them together and enjoy being turned into a baby and eat this yummy baby food! :food :yum)

I'm not on antiboiotcs and don't have throat infection, but the joints still hurt.

With the TransX every week, my Hb is increasing by 1g each week so I hope that this week will be last one in the series before I go back to the 15 day between the TX plan.

I'll report the update tomorrow. Till then,

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 11:49:49 PM »
Hi Sajid

Keep the high spirit, as i told you before you ara a fighter :wink

keep us updated

Manal

Offline jzd24

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2007, 01:20:09 AM »
Sajid,
     I wish you were feeling better. Such low hemoglobin levels, joint pains, stomach infection, nose bleed, etc. - wow, you've really had a lot to deal with. It's easy to feel down with all that going on. I'm sending you some strength and good wishes, and hope you get to feeling better soon.
     I worry about those low hemoglobin levels. I wonder if it was from the infection, or if your spleen is causing the trouble. I hope you can find some answers. Please take care of yourself and know we are here for you.  :grouphug :getwell love, Jean

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »
SAJID,

as i always say you are an inspiration to us all,a real fighter as manal so rightly said,i wish u all the luck and happiness in world. :hugfriend

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2007, 04:34:31 PM »
Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot for your prayers as they have been answered!!! :yahoo

After five TransX this month. My Hb has finally touched 12g/dl but my Platelets were only 60K before the last transX, which made my doctor very concerned and put me on daily PLT monitoring (ouch!!) and said that if it dropped further then I might require Platelet transfusion. Well, the next day they had increased on their own to 80K and the next day to 102K!!! :yahoo which relieved the doctor that everything is getting normal gradually.

One thing that amazed me(but not my doctor who explained the clear picture to me) on the last test was the Hb. It had increased from 12.7 the previous day to 13g/dl!!! She told me that I was dehydrated and that's why the Hb concentration had increased! Anyway, she said that most probably I won't require a TransX which is scheduled this Tuesday but I must come there to get my HB tested again to confirm that.

Ah well :dunno , it was pretty exciting to know that for the first time EVER my Hb increased (virtually) on it's own.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and wishes.

You guys are the BEST!!! :grouphug

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 08:22:54 PM »
That's wonderful news Sajid,
I hope that your health continues to improve!   I am glad that everyones good wishes and prayers were answered!

Sending lots of more goodluck your way!
 :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Sharmin
Sharmin

Kathy11

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 11:22:04 PM »
Sajid.

good news  I happy for you. :clap :clap :clap :clap

Kathy

Offline Manal

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 11:36:53 AM »
Thanks God Sajid, i am so happy for you, keep it up.

But what caused this drop in the first place? Did the doctor explained why so that this can be avoided in the future??

Manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007, 05:21:33 AM »
Hi Manal,

Yes, I have found out the reason for the drop of Hb. It was the blood in my previous blood center that had the problem. I clearly remember that I was getting very less quanity of blood per bag and that too had large clumps of clots in them. The quality of that center has dropped a lot. My Hb remained same after the TransX and I would get a date no earlier than 15 days which caused the drop. Furthermore the doctor was never around to be found!!

Thank God, for this site! where I met Asim who told me about the new center. It is the best center I've seen in Rawalpindi. They are doing an impressive job, providing totally free treatment with the highest quality!

So, the credit goes to Jamila Sultana Foundation and this wonderful site which led me there! :party

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 12:35:19 PM »
Hi Sajid,

Congrats,hope you'll get better and better from now on.

LOVE,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »
Thanks God Sajid, take care
Manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk