HELLO ALL

• 7 Replies
HELLO ALL
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:59:13 AM »
I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR SOME LITTLE TIME NOW AND JUST WANTED TO DROP IN HERE AND SAY HELLO AND THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL INFORMATION I HAVE RECIEVED AND THE LOVE I HAVE FELT. MY DAUGHTERS HAVE THAL MINOR AND I HAVE INTER AND MY SON'S BLOOD RESULTS HAVE NOT COME IN AS OF THIS WRITING. LOVE TO YOU ALL AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU!  :hugfriend           :wink     

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: HELLO ALL
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:24:24 AM »
Hi Romano!  Welcome to the group!  :hithere So glad to have you here with us.  Make yourself at home.  :hugfriend

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »
I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR SOME LITTLE TIME NOW AND JUST WANTED TO DROP IN HERE AND SAY HELLO AND THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL INFORMATION I HAVE RECIEVED AND THE LOVE I HAVE FELT. MY DAUGHTERS HAVE THAL MINOR AND I HAVE INTER AND MY SON'S BLOOD RESULTS HAVE NOT COME IN AS OF THIS WRITING. LOVE TO YOU ALL AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU!  :hugfriend           :wink     

Nice to hear from you Romano!  I hope the blood results of your son will be a good news! God Bless you and your family!  :smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:59:19 AM by alnahrahmea »
Lei  :heartpink

Offline jzd24

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 01:00:22 PM »
Hi Romano,
     It is nice to meet you. I have intermedia, too. Do you have to get transfusions? Good luck on your son's test results. Jean :wave

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »
No! I do not have to get bood tranfusions yet, however I have switched doctors in the last few months and he wants to check me every few months just to make sure all is well. However, I am more prone to infections moe recently and have gotten a little worse but so far no transfusions have been needed but my doctor does feel that I may eventually have to start the treatment if my red cell count keeps going in the direction it is heading, but I am also pregnant so he wants to wait until my son is born to see if things go back to the way they were normally soon.  he is due in late May or early June so I guess for now I have to wait and see. Thanks for the welcome and love to you all.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »
Hi Romano,

It is a very good idea to watch your Hb level during the pregnancy. If there is any significant drop during the pregnancy, the medical staff should be prepared for a transfusion during the birth as a precaution. Most likely you won't need one but it's best to be safe. Have you needed transfusions during any of your previous pregnancies?

There may come a time down the road where you may have to make a quality of life decision like Jean did, and decide to transfuse. This will be based on your ability to maintain Hb levels and how well you feel overall, and of course, how your health is in general. The decision to transfuse is not always easy for an intermedia, as regular transfusions will stop your own red blood cell production and make you dependent on the blood of others. However, as Jean discovered, sometimes your body will make the decision for you. I think your body will likely rebound after the baby is born and you won't have to think about this decision for some time.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 03:55:29 AM »
No! I have not had to have any transfusions for my other pregnancies cause other than the infection I had when my first child was born (she did a lot of damage but was and still is very much worth it) however I did talk to my mother today a little about it and she said that I was in and out of the hospital several times as a baby and a todler and did have at least two transfusions that she remembers. I do not remember any of this but that is what she tells me. I pray every day that all will be ok for myself but most importantly for my new son (soon to be named Ryan). Thanks again for the info and love to you!

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 11:03:01 AM »
Hi Romano! I am also a Thalassemia mom.  I just had my transfusion a few days ago.  I'm also pregnant and I am also this May.

I understand your point about being monitored because of being more prone to infection.  Actually I visit my doctor every week now with only 40 days to go before delivery.

I am also having a son who will be namend Nathan. :smiley
Lei  :heartpink

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk