Hi

• 7 Replies

Offline jemma

Hi
« on: April 04, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »
Hello everybody....

Hope i am finding you all happy and in good health!!!  Just thought i would write an update on my pregnancy.  I have exactly 9 weeks to go.  Because i had an emergency C section with my daughter because of complications the doctors advised me to go for a c section again with this pregnancy.  So i already know the birth date of this baby.....6th of June at 6.30am.  I feel him/her kicking like mad and because this is my last pregnancy i never want it to end but i also cant wait to meet our little prince/princess.

I am getting bigger and i am beginning to feel very tired so i am keeping up my iron supplements and that s helping.  I have a strong craving for oranges.  Today i polished off 4 oranges in one sitting!!!!!!  Another big craving is steak & mushroom pie..... I usually dont like pies!!!! and pork I love pork........and usually i wont even touch pork let alone eat it. 

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter and stay safe during your holidays.....

take care

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:33:14 PM »
Hi Jemma,

wish u luck with ur pragnancy :thumbsup,i am also a thal minor mother,my husband is also thal minor, we discovered it when our first daughter was diagnosed with thal major,we had a pragnancy again and i have cute little son with no thal at all,anyways i love both of my kids,thal or no thal  :wub,anyways i read ur previous posts ,and i knew how confusing it is to make a decision to have a baby with thal major,though we were saved ,as our son's report was normal,after CVS,i know ur little prince/princess would be charming  :winky

take care :flowers :flowers

Zaini.

^*^Xaini^*^

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 11:20:22 AM »
hi jemma,  i am also a pregnant thal. anyway, its good you seem to be keeping up weel with your pregnancy.  i am due earlier than you around may 16 or maybe earlier.

well i am just curious how many times were you transfused if you were ever transfused during your pregnancy?

always,

lei

Hello everybody....

Hope i am finding you all happy and in good health!!!  Just thought i would write an update on my pregnancy.  I have exactly 9 weeks to go.  Because i had an emergency C section with my daughter because of complications the doctors advised me to go for a c section again with this pregnancy.  So i already know the birth date of this baby.....6th of June at 6.30am.  I feel him/her kicking like mad and because this is my last pregnancy i never want it to end but i also cant wait to meet our little prince/princess.

I am getting bigger and i am beginning to feel very tired so i am keeping up my iron supplements and that s helping.  I have a strong craving for oranges.  Today i polished off 4 oranges in one sitting!!!!!!  Another big craving is steak & mushroom pie..... I usually dont like pies!!!! and pork I love pork........and usually i wont even touch pork let alone eat it. 

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter and stay safe during your holidays.....

take care
Lei  :heartpink

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 09:19:10 AM »
Good to see you, Jemma!   I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well.  You must be so excited that your due date is almost here!   :boogie

Thank you, and I hope you have a very happy Easter as well!   :hugfriend

Offline jemma

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »
Hi lei,

I am Thal minor and i do not need any blood transfusions.  I just need to be taking iron tablets throughout my pregnancy and probably even after.  Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl???? and do you have any other children??

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:07:05 AM »
Hi jemma,
welcome to the site,hope all is well with the pregnancy & delivery.where are you from jemma?
take care

Offline jemma

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 12:02:01 PM »
Hi sydney girl,

I am from Melbourne.  My pregnancy is fantastic.........  i have 6 weeks to go now.  Its also my daughters birthday tomorrow she will be turning four.  I am so excited for her.  Do you have any children???

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 06:05:16 AM »
Hello Jemma!

This is my 1st pregnancy and probably my last.  I had risked everything including my life to have this baby and my doctors advised me not to do it again or else I might not get so lucky.   The pregnancy had been really difficult and expensive for me, since I have to be in the hospital almost every week.

I will be having a baby boy.  I am naming Nathan (meaning Gift of God).  They say my little boy is so far very healthy.   Everything about him seems to be in the good and positive view.  From his kick counts to his fetal statistics.  He does very good for his non-stress tests and bio-physical scoring. I am always the worry of our doctors since I am the one with Thal.  At least that is a consolation for me if my baby is showing healthier signs than babies with normal and healthy mothers.  Up to this day I am praying hard that he doesn't inherit my Thalassemia, and I played on the safe side by signing up for his chord blood banking. :smiley 

Don't worry about the c-section, I think it is normal that most doctors would opt for a c-section for thal patients, especially if they are worrying about possible complications like hemmorrhaging.  I am also going to have a c-section for my delivery and I was advised not to wait for the day I go into labor.  My on-set for Thalassemia is Major, but they term it Thalassemia Intermedia since my symptoms only appeared when I was 20 years old.  As of now transfusions, folic acid, and a monitored dosage of iron is being given me because I have spleenomegaly and my iron levels are rising prior to my pregnancy.  What's making my condition worst is that my blood's bleeding time is faster and than its clotting time, plus my veins easily rupture so I am also a risk for hemmorrhage during delivery.  I don't have any other option for my delivery, but a c-section since bleeding is controlled by the doctors when its a c-section.

Good Luck! I'll deliver ahead of you, but I am hoping that our babies will be both healthy.  :smiley

Always,

Lei

Hi lei,

I am Thal minor and i do not need any blood transfusions.  I just need to be taking iron tablets throughout my pregnancy and probably even after.  Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl???? and do you have any other children??

Hello everybody....

take care

Lei  :heartpink

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk