HBH

• 18 Replies

Offline CLS

Re: HBH
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
How is everybody?  We went to have our regular check last week.  My daughter's hb level is 9.1 now. It is really a very very good news for us.   Hopefully it will go up above 10.  I want to know what is the level of hb one should have in order to lead a normal life. 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 03:46:39 AM »
If your daughter maintains an Hb of 9-9.5 she won't experience any growth or development issues. The level needed to lead a "normal" life will vary among different people so no set level is meaningful. We see intermedias with Hb's of 7 who are very active and lead normal lives. For a woman, an Hb of 10 or higher may be enough. A lower Hb may mean nothing more than some occasional tiredness, but it varies so much in HbH that it is very hard to predict. What is extremely encouraging is that her Hb has risen so much. She seems to be over whatever it was that caused the low Hb and like many with HbH, she may likely lead a fairly normal life.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zadkhi

• Hemoglobin H Disease
  • creativity is my lifeblood
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »
Hello there!

I'm a HGH patient myself and have lived with HGH - as non-transfusion dependant as possible - for 25 years now.  :)

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask!

Offline Zadkhi

• Hemoglobin H Disease
  • creativity is my lifeblood
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »
Hello there again!

I found an older post I wrote for someone else on this forum regarding HGH and living with HGH.  :)

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=492.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk