I need some good thoughts and prayers, please.

• 77 Replies

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: I need some good thoughts and prayers, please.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
Thank you all so much.  You guys are great.   :wub

Jean, that's exactly what I do.  I keep thinking about the good times with my loved ones, and the vacations ahead.  I'm trying to keep my head up and smile, just for being alive.  It's just hard sometimes when you are always in pain.  :-\

AD, you have gone through so much pain this year, and I'm so sorry for that.   :(  Sometimes I feel that way as well, where I just wish we could've skipped a year here and there ... but I guess life goes way too fast as it is.   :sadyup

Vic, I know what song you are talking about, because it's one of my favorite songs.  :biggrin  It's called The Sweet Escape.   :happyyes  I understand why you would feed odd writing to someone you hardly know, but we are a big family here, and we are all going through the same things in one way or another.  So, it's ok to feel that way, but it's still nice to know that you all care, and are there. :)

I just want you guys to know, that even thought I'm not answering each one of you individually, it doesn't mean that I'm not reading each and every one of your posts.  Each one of you guys touch my heart in so many ways, you will never understand.  I love you all.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.   :hugfriend

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »
Ey, Danielle never say you are not meant to be in this earth for long.  We were born and we were meant to live life to the fullest.  Problems are just but unpaved roads we pass through in life.  No matter how hard they are, God will never give something that we cannot thread.  Trust that God made you to live a life fully lived.  :smiley

I hope you are doing much better now. God Bless!  :hugfriend

Thanks, Alnahrahmea.  I sure hope that's the truth.  I have a lot of faith in the Lord, so I know he will do what's best for me, even if I'm not meant to be on this earth for long.  I just have way too many problems and it's hard to deal with at times. :(
Lei  :heartpink

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 01:31:55 AM »
I just wanted to update a little, and let you guys know that today I got an appointment with one of the top colon/rectal surgeons who actually takes my insurance! I'm so happy about this. I'll have to wait a little while to see him, but it's only another two weeks away. It's also at one of the top hospitals around. It's Cornell University in NYC. Someone that I know recommended this doctor, because her son had colon surgery from this group of doctors, and said that the whole team is awesome. I also know from others that these doctors are some of the best around, but I didn't think they'd take my insurance!  :happydance

So anyway, I decided not to see the guy that I was supposed to see today, because he is affiliated with one of the worst hospitals around (IMO), and I refuse to have surgery there. I used to get blood transfusions and surgeries at this particular hospital, and was almost killed several times, so there is no way in hell that I'm going to have colon surgery there. If I had known that this doctor was affiliated there, I would have never even made an appointment with him.   :mad

So, wish me luck! I really hope that this guy gives me some sort of hope. I'd still appreciate all the prayers/thoughts you can give, if possible. I'm so scared of what he is going to tell me, because this is one of the top hospitals in the country, and if he gives me bad news, then it's all downhill from there.

Thanks, you guys!  :kiss

And thank you, Alnahrahmea.  I know that we are meant to live life to the fullest, and believe me, I try.  But sometimes it's just difficult.   :hugfriend

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 01:41:08 AM »
Danielle,

That's great news! Cornell is one of the top hospitals anywhere, period! I am so relieved you'll be having your surgery there. I think the doctors there also are often quite knowledgeable about thal.

Whatever the doctor tells you, we're ALWAYS here for you.  :happyyes
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 02:17:05 AM »
Thank you, Andy!  :hugfriend I'm so relieved, because I didn't want some doctor who didn't know what he was doing, and then having all these residents working on me in the OR with him.  That's what this particular hospital does all the time, and it aggravates me.   :mad

I cannot believe they are taking my insurance.  I'm so shocked and happy about it.  Cornell is such an awesome hospital, and you are right, they are knowledgeable about Thal.  There are top doctors there that actually specialize in Thal research.  Hopefully, this is God's way of telling me that everything will be ok, even though I am still extremely frightened.  I know that things can still go wrong, but I feel much better being taken care of by an awesome hospital with awesome doctors.   :biggrin

I'm seeing them on May 9th.  Hopefully I will be able to deal with this pain for a while longer, but I'm sure it will be worth it, instead of seeing some guy that possibly doesn't know what he's doing.  These doctors that I'm seeing specialize in colon/rectal surgeries, and have the top of the line tests over there as well.  I hope everything goes well.  Thank you for your support, Andy, and everyone else!   :bighug

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 03:34:28 AM »
Hi Danielle,

I'm glad that you will get some new perspective on your situation.  I hope that they give you more favorable options.  I know that you have a great attitude toward life and it has been contagious for so many people.  I hope that our prayers and good thoughts help you cruise through this situation. 

Love,
Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 04:24:32 AM »
I told ya so..He he he

Danielle,
That's great news.
I know exactly where ya coming from.
We get the same sort of thing happening here too within the public hospital system.
I'm sure it goes on in every public hospital around the world.
In the ER, we get seen by med students and/or registrars who report to their seniors by phone for advice.
And that's the frustrating thing about these public hospitals..Seems like you get information from the  mail man.
It's always good to see another Dr privately for a second opinion.
You tend to trust your life in the hands of med students or registrars.
Not good considering you know more than them.
And with today's Dr's, their attitude sucks.
They need to go back to school and learn PR skills and other people's religions.
Their attitude towards patients needs to change.
I have never came across a Dr who is willing to drop their guard and listen to my suggestions.
They don't like us patients telling them their job, when we're simply just giving them a run down of our history and our symptoms, and past experiences with the same problem that's occurred in the past.
I know Dr's can't hook us up to a computer to carry out a diagnostics check to see what's wrong with us, just like a mechanic does on cars..But the vital information given by the patient to the Dr must mean something.
Instead, we're treated like mushrooms.
They put us in a dark room and feed us Bull sh*t.

Take Care Danielle.

Regards
AD

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 05:17:25 AM »
Danielle,

I'm so happy to know that you will be getting better treatment.

:jumping

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 06:18:13 AM »
That's good news Danielle! Keep it up!   :cheer :hugfriend  Those are signs of God's little miracles.  Too little to be appreciated, but God works in little ways often rarely felt.  Any comfort that he gives is a sign that God is just there carrying you at your worst and he never leaves you alone even when you feel everything is full of bullshit around you.  :smiley God is good!  :wink

I just wanted to update a little, and let you guys know that today I got an appointment with one of the top colon/rectal surgeons who actually takes my insurance! I'm so happy about this. I'll have to wait a little while to see him, but it's only another two weeks away. It's also at one of the top hospitals around. It's Cornell University in NYC. Someone that I know recommended this doctor, because her son had colon surgery from this group of doctors, and said that the whole team is awesome. I also know from others that these doctors are some of the best around, but I didn't think they'd take my insurance!  :happydance

So anyway, I decided not to see the guy that I was supposed to see today, because he is affiliated with one of the worst hospitals around (IMO), and I refuse to have surgery there. I used to get blood transfusions and surgeries at this particular hospital, and was almost killed several times, so there is no way in hell that I'm going to have colon surgery there. If I had known that this doctor was affiliated there, I would have never even made an appointment with him.   :mad

So, wish me luck! I really hope that this guy gives me some sort of hope. I'd still appreciate all the prayers/thoughts you can give, if possible. I'm so scared of what he is going to tell me, because this is one of the top hospitals in the country, and if he gives me bad news, then it's all downhill from there.

Thanks, you guys!  :kiss

And thank you, Alnahrahmea.  I know that we are meant to live life to the fullest, and believe me, I try.  But sometimes it's just difficult.   :hugfriend
Lei  :heartpink

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 06:36:40 AM »
I hope all this is resolved and you get better soon! Just to let you get your hopes up, one of the people I know at work had colostomy because he almost died from ulcerative colitis and after a long recovery, he is so much better now. He was miserable before that and he did another emergency operation halfway, but he looks and feels so much better. The recovery is long but it is worth it. Good luck and stay mentally strong. Life is long, long, long and full of obstacles. Expect nothing but obstacles and be strong. Sometimes we trip and smash our face, but we get up and go on. I have had 3 concussions -- I know ;)

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 07:51:11 AM »
Thank you, everyone!  :hugfriend  You guys are the best, and thank you for making me laugh and smile.  Some of the things that you guys say crack me up and put me in a better mood.  :rotfl

I'm still laughing at this, AD ... "Instead, we're treated like mushrooms. They put us in a dark room and feed us Bull sh*t."  :crackup

And some of the other things that you guys have said are making me laugh as well.  Thank you for your care and comforting words.  It makes me feel much better.  :wub

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 09:43:02 AM »
 :hugfriend That's why we're here. :urwelcome
We're all here to help each other.

You've just put a smile on my face..Just hearing you laughing.  :crackup :grin
Keep your chin up Danielle.
Don't let it drag you down.

Laughter is the best medicine. :biggrin
I've run out of tissues to be crying.  :crackup
 :rotfl
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:03:56 AM by AstonDialo »

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 12:14:54 PM »
Danielle, I am so happy to learn about the good news. I feel that things will turn to be better. Rememer that God gives us what we can endure. Good luck and keep us updated. You are always in my prayers
Manal
 :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 05:50:13 PM »
Hi Danielle,

i am happy that you are getting better option of treatment,, remember that we all are praying for you,,,i'll pray that 9th may will come with a great news for you.

TAKE CARE. :hugfriend :hugfriend

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline jzd24

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 12:06:28 AM »
Danielle,
     I am so glad you will be going to Cornell. That is really good news, and they take your insurance! Yea! Will still be thinking about you and praying. Love, Jean

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk