UK Patients Needed for Market Survey

• 1 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
UK Patients Needed for Market Survey
« on: April 27, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »
We have posted these announcements before and the participants have been paid for their time. In addition, it gives patients some input into things like what is important in terms of chelating drugs. I encourage ALL patients in the UK to take part.

Gillian Kenny Associates is an independent market research company that conducts studies on behalf of healthcare organisations.

We are conducting some market research in the UK among patients who have been diagnosed as with either, sickle cell , MDS or Thalassaemia. We are interested in hearing from these patients who are required to take medication daily, such as oral chemotherapy and iron chelation and seeing if compliance is an issue.

We are interested in talking to the following patients:

•           Patients who suffer from either Sickle Cell, MSD, Thalessaemia

•           Must be taking either Desferal or oral iron chelation (Ferripox or Exjade)

Patient confidentiality is paramount to us so I would be grateful if you could pass our details on to any patients that you believe would be suitable to take part. Please find enclosed our introduction letter for patients who should get in touch for further details.

Consenting patients will be required to complete a 15 minute telephone interview with a qualified interviewer at a time most convenient to the patient. 

The patient would be compensated for his or her involvement in the study and we will also provide you with an incentive payment for finding him or her of £15.00 – alternatively we can make a donation to a good cause of your choice. 

Gillian Kenny Associates Ltd is a member of the Market Research Society and we strictly adhere to their codes of conduct, ensuring anonymity of all participants and that all information given will be held as totally confidential.  Names need not be divulged at any time.

We guarantee that research participants or anyone associated with them will not be canvassed or asked to buy any product.

Once again, many thanks for your help in this study which is very much appreciated.  If you have any questions please contact me using the details specified below.

Kind Regards

Akash

Akash Degan

Project Manager - Team Leader

Gillian Kenny Associates

The Drill Hall

Church Rd

Newnham-on-Severn

Gloucestershire

GL14 1AX

Tel: +44 (0)1594 515115

Fax:+44 (0)1594 515111

Mob: +44 (0)7921 759838

akashd@gilliankenny.com

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: UK Patients Needed for Market Survey
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »
We have received another request to publicize a study. This may be the same one but the contact details are different. If you live in the UK, please contact them. You'll pick up 10 pounds for a 15 minute interview and also have a chance to have some input.

Allow me to introduce myself; Lyndon Woods and I am head of Quantitative Research at the patient connections (please see our website)

www.thepatientconnections.com

The Patients’ Voice is currently doing a piece of important research into sickle cell disease, Thalassaemia or MDS. If any of your member would be interested please have them contact me   

We would like to invite persons to a 15 minute telephone interview for which you will be rewarded with £10. 

The criteria is as follows

Diagnosed with sickle cell disease, Thalassaemia or MDS?
Taking an iron chelation therapy?  This could be Desferal, Ferriprox or Exjade.
Age 16 and above

If anyone wishes to take part please just reply to this email giving a telephone number where we might be able to reach you to confirm a few more details. Alternatively, please call me (Lyndon) on 0203 0088 446 or Bina 0208 768 3806

The research ends on the 3rd of May so it would be great if you could get back with us before then.

On the other hand please get in touch if you know someone who might be suitable. If the person you recommend does participate in the study then we will reward you with £5 for the introduction! 

We are sure you will find your membership to The Patients’ Voice interesting as well as an important way in which you may have a bearing on the healthcare products and services used by you and those you love.

Thanks very much in advance

Lyndon Woods

The Patient Connections

lyndon.woods@thepatientconnections.com

Direct  +44  203 0088446

Mobile +44  7825 612 851

www.thepatientconnections.com

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk