The Saddest Day Our Lisa is Gone

• 11 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« on: February 25, 2006, 05:51:08 AM »
Reprinted from http://groups.msn.com/ThalassemiaPatientsandFriends/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=1060&LastModified=4675468488158521677

Message 1 of 19 in Discussion 

On Friday, April 2, 2004 at 1:06 am, God took Lisa Cammilleri home, so that Lisa could be with her beloved daddy.

Lisa was the most special person I have ever known. I loved her from the day I first met her. We both knew when we first met that we were destined to become like brother and sister. She always called me big brother and every time I saw her the first thing she would do was ask for her hug. She taught me what it meant to love someone unconditionally.

I have never known one who was loved by as many people as Lisa. As she grew sicker people all over the world were praying for her. People who had never even met her loved her and prayed for her.

Lisa created this group and wanted so much to make a place for thals to come and share their lives, and I will do my best to make sure her legacy lives on through this group.   I truly believe that we have been blessed by God, who brought us this angel for such a short time. Lisa wants us to go on. She always understood better than anyone how life is a precious gift and she lived life to the fullest. She did everything she ever wanted to do and she told me this right after I first became her friend..."If I die today, I will die happy." She knew she had so much good in her life and that if God was ready for her, she had lived enough and she would go.

Please say a prayer for her dearest friend, Angela, her mother Shirley, all her family that she loved so much and all her friends.

Lisa, my little sister, we will miss you dearly.

Andy

Message 2 of 19 in Discussion 

I'd like to give all of you a big hug and tell you how sorry I am...

God, I can't find any words except for tears.

Dear Lisa, and all of you, you guys showed me how to be strong and make the best of our life and teach my children so. I admire everyone of you.

Dear Lisa, we love you and will always miss you!

Maple

Message 3 of 19 in Discussion 

Andy, I am so utterly sick to hear about Lisa's passing.  I broke down in tears when I got your email from the MSN Thal group.  I was completely shocked.  Knowing Lisa, and how strong she was, I just felt in my heart that she would make it through this.  I don't even know what to say, except that I'm so, so sorry ... to you, her family, and other friends that loved her so much.  I will miss Lisa greatly, and I thank her for not only making the Thalassemia group for all of us to get together and share our thoughts and struggles, but I also thank her for being a role model to all the Thalassemics around the world ... for being so strong and loving.  Thank you for your help with giving us the updates on her, and also for giving me the info I needed to send her something at the hospital.  My heart is terribly broken with this horrible news.

Thanks for everything, Andy.  Thank you for being such a great friend and "big brother" to Lisa.  I'm sure she will be your guardian angel now, and I know she will be ours (Thals), also.  Please take care, and if you ever need anything from the Foundation, or myself,  please don't hesitate to contact me, or the foundation directly.  My love and prayers go out to Lisa, and her family and friends who loved her dearly.

With sincerest sympathy,

Danielle

Message 4 of 19 in Discussion 

First, i cant belive this.. but this is reality and this is wat is life about! i havent talked to Lisa in ne chat.. but i made her my ideal.. i have been reading too much abt her,, and i always felt proud to be in her group.. she had done alot for us (thals), and this is our biggest lose in our life.. we have lost our strength..ideal..a nice buddy.. but she will always remain in our prayers..becuz of her we have came to know many things abt Thalassemia.. we got to know many Thal patients from all over the world.. Thank You Lisa Thanks Alot.. we will miss u..
i am really sorry to hear this news.. i hope God gives her peace, and rest..*ameen*

take care
Ayesha

Message 5 of 19 in Discussion 

It is so sad to read this so bad new and it is so difficult to found right words to explain what I am feeling now.

Another angel joins heaven ... from there, Lisa, help us to continue your work ... we will miss you so much.

Liliane

Message 6 of 19 in Discussion 

For Lisa...................
It's only been one lonely day without you, the saddest we have know.
Your family & friends will treasure every thought of you when they are on their own.
Although we will not be able to see you, You will be with us everyday,
For that bond of love that was between us, Death can't take away.
They say that hearts don't brake. But that is just not true,
for the day you quitely slipped away our hearts just broke in two.
April, will come with deep regret, the day the month we will never forget
As time goes on and the emptiness grows,
 we will miss you
 LISA
more than anybody knows.
Rest in peace.
My thoughts and prayes go out to Lisa's Mother, family, friends and loved one's. Andy you were a great friend to lisa and I'm sure she will be your guardian angel. Keep up the good work and to all the other Thal's lets carry on the legacy for Lisa and many other friends that have left our world and joined the angels above.
Miaki (Maria)

Message 7 of 19 in Discussion 

I'm not sure what to say but I feel very sad.

No word can express the dearly missed presence of a departed one.

Lisa, may you rest in peace, my friend.

You'll be deeply missed by all.

jctoo
MALAYSIA

Message 8 of 19 in Discussion 

To Andy Lisa's Friends and Family

We are sorry about your loss.
There's nothing we can say
to take away your greaf,
but know that we're
here for you
we'll lend you
the strength you need
to get through
this difficult time.
And we'll pray that
the pain you're feeling now
will soon be replaced
by warm memories.

Lisa may you rest in peace.... you will be missed by all of us

Love from Fiu and all the thals in Maldives...

Message 9 of 19 in Discussion 

I was deeply deeply saddened to hear the news of Lisa passing away.  Lisa reached out and touched so many people, including myself.  May you rest in peace and may God provide for you a good life in the hereafter, Ameen.

RIP

Wax.

Message 10 of 19 in Discussion 

My Heart cry's for the loss of Lisa, She gave me the hope to push on. Her passing will hurt but she will always be a part of our lives. My God bless her and All who cared for her.
 Joe

Message 11 of 19 in Discussion 

Facing with the dead of good friend is one of saddest part of our life,making us wordless.I didn't know Lisa very well but i'm sure she was remarkable person, full of life, dedicated to her friends from all over the worl and the mission to connect and unite us/thals/ in one big family.
Lisa was a fighter and she fight till last breath.She showed us how  precious is life and how to live it on 101%.
Now Lisa is our guiding star on the sky, our Angel on Heaven.
She made us stronger,she made us better persons.Now we have to follow the way she had shown  us and keep on fighting for our life and happiness.

We will miss you and won't forget you Lisa
Rest in peace

Drago

Message 12 of 19 in Discussion 

I wrote this poem a couple years ago. The third verse was inspired by Lisa. She taught me more about dealing with life than anyone I have known.

I Learn 

I learn a lot as life goes by,
            Of paths that cross and say goodbye,
            Of people come and people gone.
            And in the end I'm left alone,
            To walk with memories of long past days,
            And thoughts of those from yesterday.

I've learned of people far and near,
            And how I hold some people dear.
            And how some let the darkness show,
            And many things so hard to know.
            A life of truth, a life of trust,
            My spirit lives, it won't be crushed.

I've learned of one, who's struggled long,
            And yet her heart is filled with song.
            And though her road is strewn with pain,
            I see her laughing in the rain.
            An inspiration to my soul,
            A chance to make my spirit whole.

I've learned so much as life's gone by,
            Of paths to take where friendships lie.
            Of people close and people dear.
            I've traveled far to hold them near.
            But in the end I'm left alone,
            To say farewell to those who've gone.

Message 13 of 19 in Discussion 

I am very sorry to hear the sad news about Lisa.  I am thankful for all she has done for thal patients around the world.  She gave thals around the world this group website so we can share our experiences but most importantly she gave us hope and courage.  She will be missed by many and I am sure she is a guardian angel still looking out for us.

Message 14 of 19 in Discussion 

Hi to all thals out there...!

We have a great saying and it goes like this:

"You were born into this world crying, while others around were laughing and smiling. Behave in your life so when you die, people around you will still smile."

I think that Lisa achived that, altough she died to soon. She was a great person and her spirit will live on in this site created for us all.

She will certanly be an inspiration for all thals, young and old

Best wishes and my deepest condolences to the family and friends

Kocher

(She was like a leading star for us)

Message 15 of 19 in Discussion 

I still feel that im in a nightmare. I'ts true Andy, She was a Angel The God has sent down us. She saved many lifes around the Globe.

Eventhough Im not a Thal, I loved her a lot becouse of the work she is doing. and I learnt about Thalsemia becouse of Her, and you (Andy), and Akka from Maldives.

GOD WILL NOT KEEP GOOD PERSONS IN THIS WORLD FOR A LONG TIME. SHE IS TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD. "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE"

Andy....we will give you our maximum support to continue this group.

crying,
Hilmy
Sri Lanka

Message 16 of 19 in Discussion 

I was not at home for 2 weeks.. now I have read the bad news about Lisa :( and I'm really shocked..

Dear Lisa, we shall always remember you, the creator of this great message board!!

Know that you are in our thougths and prayers..

Melis

Message 17 of 19 in Discussion 

Dear Lisa, (my best sis in this whole wild world.)

God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.
He then looked down upon his earth and saw your loving face.
He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
His Garden must be beautiful, he always takes the best.
He knew that you were suffering, he knew you were in pain.
And knew that you would never get well on earth again.
He saw your path was difficult, he closed you tired eyes,
He whispered to you "Peace be Thine" and gave you wings to fly.
When we saw you sleeping so calm and free of pain,
We would not wish you back to earth to suffer once again.
You've left us precious memories, your love will be our guide,
You live on through thalassemia children, you're always by our side.
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone.
For part of us went with you on the day God called you home.

It was the sadest day in my life. i still keep remembering and praying her every day. I dont have words to express my feelings.

i miss you and  love you so much.

shaneez
Maldives,

Message 18 of 19 in Discussion 

Andy,  and Lisa's family,

I am so shocked and sorry to hear the horrible news.  I unfortinatly did not get to know Lisa well.  I had joined the group in september and have only joined in on 1 chat session, although I have spent hours upon hours on this site reading all of the posts.  I was first registered here under hippievamp.  Then i didn't have access to the internet for quite sometime I just recently started staying at my cousins so I again have access.  I just refound this site tonight and was at a loss for words. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Message 19 of 19 in Discussion 

I'd like to share this page with you. It is Angela's website and she has posted the wonderful testimomial to Lisa that she spoke at Lisa's funeral service. There is also a beautiful picture of Lisa on the page.

http://www.angelarohner.com/

I've always thought that God sent an angel to help Lisa. That angel is appropriately named Angela. Keep her in your thoughts. This has been the hardest time of her life and she greatly appreciates all the support everyone has given her.

Andy

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Andy Battaglia

Re: The Saddest Day Our Lisa is Gone
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 06:10:04 AM »
Lisa,
It's been two years since you left us but the sorrow is no less. We keep this group in honor of you Lisa, our dear departed angel. I know you'd love the new site and that we are reaching so many people. I found a note the other day that you had written me telling me about the upcoming TAG conference and the Gala dinner in New York City, that you planned on taking me to. I wish so much that could have happened but I want you to know that I've now been to two conferences and next month I am going to the Maldives to meet the people you first introduced me to. Thank you Lisa for showing me that caring about others is the greatest thing we can do in life. Thanks for making me a better person, little sis.

I miss you so much.
Andy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 11:50:39 AM »
Today is 2nd April. The saddest day on the forum! Though I never read any of Lisa's posts or chats, but I feel as if the whole content of this site revolves around her. Andy and Danielle have done a great job of continuing the legacy of Lisa's work.

Too bad she not physically present here to see it.  :'( But I am sure she is aware watching all that Andy and Danielle are doing.

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(  :wah
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:57:20 PM »
Hi all,

This is the first time I am going through the site in detail. After learning about Lisa, I am feeling miserable.  :wah. Though I haven't had the good fortune to meet her or interact with her, I can connect to her. I know she is in a better world now.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:14:42 AM »
Lisa, it's been three years and it still hurts so much. I wish you could be here to see how your dream of the potential of this group has been fulfilled. Not only did you create the idea of this group, but also the loving attitude that flows within it. Your spirit is our guide.
We miss you so much.
Andy

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:26:34 AM »
I am at loss of words, i wish i had met her,this site gave me the strength i can't tell u about, i always thought why only me? why only my daughter,why all of this happened to us??but when i joined this site,it was such a pleasent surprise, people and grown people ,living with thalassemia,and very happily,dpoing what they wanted to do,, managing carriers,having children,,oh it was like heaven,u can't understand the situation here in developing countries,most of the people don even have access to basic health facilities,,even doctors sometimes don't know much,, they are following researches, not researching themselves (majority).so this group was like heaven for me,,ad it's all due to LISA,again i feel so sorry for myself bcoz i didn't even had a chance to chat with her or read her posts,

MAY GOD BLESS U WITH ALL HIS BLESSINGS LISA,

ZAINI,
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 02:47:13 PM »
Thank you Lisa.  :hugfriend

Lauryn's Mom

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:30:24 PM »
Thank You, Lisa....

This forum has been a great source of strength for parents like me.

- Bostonian
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 02:34:29 AM »
May God bless you Lisa and reward you for every moment of support, love and understanding that everybody has expierenced in this site

Manal

Offline jzd24

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 02:50:59 AM »
We will think of you Lisa, every year at this time, and honor your amazing spirit. You have left us an incredible legacy - what a gift you have given in connecting so many people all over the world. It has helped me so much - thank you!  :bighug love to you, Jean

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 04:38:49 PM »
Thank you Lisa.

This forum has brought together so many beautiful people from all over the world to make this one big wonderful family.

Bharat 

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
Thank you Lisa for encouraging us when we first found out about our son's thalassemia.  You kept emailing us and urging us to become more involved with others who have thal,  we were shocked and scared at the time but when we were finally ready and began searching for you to communicate with you we realized that you had passed away.  That was such a difficult day for us, we felt that we had missed out.  Joining this group, I feel a sense of you being here and it has helped us heal and cope so much better.  Thank you Lisa for you encouragement.

Love
Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk