An Update about my little blessing!

• 7 Replies

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
An Update about my little blessing!
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:21:04 PM »
My little Nathan is around 8lbs 15oz, two weeks after going home, that's about 3 weeks after delivery (his birthweight is only 5lbs 15oz). He is starting to get really heavy and he is going to have his first shot of 5 important vaccines this coming tuesday. He is feeding around 4 to 6 oz which worries me because he might end up being obese at barely two months. As of now he is really taking almost all of my time since I am a single mom and I didn't hire a nanny because I wanted to be a first-hand-mom to him. So far I am greatful that he is doing well as of the meantime in spite of having a thalassemic mom.  :biggrin

As for me, my hemoglobin is at 11.5 grams at around two weeks post transfusion which is a good sign.  I will have my check-up this coming monday for my blood before we go home to the province (country) and have our long due rest and relaxation, since there is less polution and a more healthy environment there.  That means if my hb is still good by monday I might have a long vacation.  :wink

Here are some pictures of my little Nathan that may inspire everyone of us who are thalassemics.  He is my living proof that miracles do happen.

Here is my Nathan at 3 weeks old (Just click the link that follows: http://alnahrahmea.multiply.com/photos/album/4)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 01:01:04 PM by alnahrahmea »
Lei  :heartpink

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: An Update about my little blessing!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:07:02 PM »
Hi  Lei :hugfriend

The photos are great and Nathan is so cute. I am so happy that both of you are doing fine. I too  hope you would enjoy your vacation and have a lot of fun, take care and update us as soon as you are back

Manal

Offline jzd24

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:15:34 PM »
Nathan is so beautiful! He looks so alert and content. Hope your vacation in wonderful. Jean

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »
Hi Lei,
Congratulations on the birth of your cute baby boy! he looks gorgeous. :wink
Its great to hear he is doing so well & so are you.Its great to hear so many thal women from all around the world are having kids-its an inspiration to all,that we can have a illness(which is hard for us in itself) plus we have the determenation to look after another person.may i ask lei did u have to go through fertility to concieve little nathan? its ok if you dont want to answer as i know its  a personal question.Once again congratulations!
 :hugfriend

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 10:41:04 AM »
Hi Lei,
Nathan is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute,thal moms like you are a ray of hope for me,as my daughter is a thal patient,so it gives me hope that there will be one day that she'll grow up and make me a grand mother  :biggrin

Love Always  :hugfriend

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 01:12:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and cheers.  Nathan is 10.4lbs as of this week monday. He is growing up really fast, which is a good sign. :biggrin

My hb is only 9.0 but the good newsis that my hematologist allowed my baby and me to have a vacation.  Actually she encouraged us because the weather and atmosphere in the province may be better for me and baby Nathan. :biggrin :grin :cheer

By the way sydneygirl yes there is a fertility work-up that I did have to undergo to ensure the baby will be concieved with utmost care , but it did not assure that he will notinherit my thal.

Anyway, i'll keep intouch with evryone as soon as I find a net connection there or as soon as i get back.  God bless to all and may we all find strength and better health always.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 01:33:18 PM by alnahrahmea »
Lei  :heartpink

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »
Hi Lei,
  Glad Nathan is doing great hopefully everything works out for you and and family in the future. Hope you can really have your much needed vacation/holiday........ Take care! update us again!
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 06:31:23 PM »
Hi Lei,

Long time no see ?? i hope you are fine and little Nathan is keeping you busy,

Sending prayers your way   :flowers

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk