blood test results

• 19 Replies
Re: blood test results
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 06:06:22 AM »
Well last year I had pnemonia x3.  Heart problems last yr and in march this year.  Infections that no one know how I got them, enlarged spleen and severe pain in legs arms, back fingers and toes . swelling in hands and fingers.  At times cannot move my arms or hands.  Have had severe mouth pain had to go thru e.r.  And just days where I can't get up at all.  But no real diagnosis or should i say no two doctors agree.

Anyway hope all you good people are doing good.  Kiss  all the babies and stay healthy.

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 07:53:29 AM »
hi There

I just recently found out that my 2yrs has thal minor, but my husband and i went for a blood test to find out, who had tha, but our blood test came back negative.i need to know how my baby picked up thala and how do i deal with this issue. Pls info me about the symtoms and cures, i recently noticed that she suffers alot with her legs, especially when she is sitting or lying still. She sweats alot. She gets sick very offen, like the flu, cough, running nose. Is this a sign of tha minor, what can i do..pls help me. I think her immune system is very low.What do you recommend it do. I would appreciate any help form anyone who is affected by this.

Tnx
Yasmeen

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 08:18:39 AM »
Hello Yasmeen,

:welcome to the site.

Can you post which test (and results) they performed on everyone?
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 11:01:07 AM »
Hi Yasmeen,

welcome aboard,I am also a thal minor,thalassemia in any form is a genetic disorder which transfer from parents to kids through genes,so it's not possible that you two have no thal and your daughter is a thal minor,may be you both or anyone of you are a silent carrier which are not easy to detect,but a DNA test would clearify the situation.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 11:54:39 PM »
Hi Yasmeen,

Would it be possible for you to post the results of yours and your husband's blood tests along with your daughter's blood tests? For your daughter to be minor, at least one of the parents would also have to be a minor. All three of you should have hemoglobin electrophoresis tests done if they have not already been done. It should help to clear things up. Thal minor can cause some health issues so it is possible that her low immunities are related to thal. Special attention should be paid to her nutrition. A good diet and use of supplements can be of help. We have a good thread about supplements at

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=118.0
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk