Hospital 57357

• 2 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Hospital 57357
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »
Hi

I would like to share with you all something which is not actually related to thal but i am really so proud and happy with.

Last July, was the opening of Hospital 57357 Children Cancer Hospital in Cairo, Egypt. The source of my proud and happiness is that this hospital has been built by 100% donation from people, companies , schools, embassies, organizations,............ to treat children from cancer which is really very much spread among Egyptian children. This National project had started in 1999 where the feasibility study presented an estimated cost of 75 million US dollars for the pre-design phase only at this time. So imagine how much  did it cost till it has been opened in addition to equippments.

What makes me really happy is that this hospital  meets the international and most recent standards of cancer treatment, blood banks, bone marrow transplant, psychological care for children, research,.....and many more fields and all this is totally FREE for all Egyptians and non Egyptians from age 0 to 18 years

People will continue donating because the annual estimated cost of running the hospital is around 100,000,000 egyptian pounds and there are many programs that enable them to have a stable fund raising.

In this link below you can read about how the idea of this project had started as stated by doctor Abou al Naga and i am sure you will enjoy it
http://www.57357.com/Aboutus/History/tabid/222/Default.aspx?PageContentMode=1

What is very important here is that how national project can unify people to establish great things from big multiorganization to a kindergarten child who donates his pocket money. Media is the key word and i hope one day thalassemia would also be recognized

Take care
Manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Hospital 57357
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 05:17:12 PM »
That's really great Manal  :yes

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline red

Re: Hospital 57357
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:33:36 PM »
now thats what i call living in this wolrd!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk