Success stories of BMT

• 4 Replies

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Success stories of BMT
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:29:26 AM »
Hi there......
We have been thinking about getting a BMT for our son and it would really help to hear all the stories that you have to share with us about the same......under a single post so that we all may share the smiles.....
If it is already posted somewhere and I have missed it, do let me know.....
Thanks a lot,
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Success stories of BMT
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »
Hi Madhavi,

We have heard different stories by some members plus there are two members here who have undergone successfull BMT/Prep. Stem Cells transplants, namely Omega and Khalifa.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Narendra

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:17:45 PM »
Madhavi,

Here are 2 stories I have posted earlier. Both BMT's were done at CMC, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India

Successful BMT (2nd attempt) of a 11 year of age boy - http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=119.0 - HLA Match with Sister

Successful BMT (1st attempt) of a 13 year of age girl - http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=117.0 - HLA Match with Father

I think only success stories should NOT be looked at. As Andy mentioned in one of the post, there are stories of failure and one should weigh in the advantages and disadvantages of BMT

Offline Ambika

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 03:38:53 AM »
Dear

Its true the rate of success depends upon case to case . So think positive and look for all pros & cons before going for BMT . :smile

Rupali

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 07:07:50 AM »
It's true that each case is unique, but it gives us the idea (and hope) to see how much our own case resembles the parameters for the previous results like the correct age and severity of Thal. complications etc. and it is always nice to learn from others for guidance.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk