Food for 5 year old Thal Minor

• 2 Replies

Offline mom

Food for 5 year old Thal Minor
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:22:29 PM »
Hi,

This is a wonderful site. I am so thankful to you guys.
My son is diagnosed with Thal minor. My husband is also Thal minor. My son is very active and good in studies however he gets fever and cold almost every month. Is this because he has thal minor?
I am giving him folic acid tablet every day. Can you suggest the foods that I can give it to him to become more resistance? I am so worried about him. every time he gets fever and cold it's killing me. Please help me

Thank you,
Mom

Offline jade

Re: Food for 5 year old Thal Minor
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 06:53:13 AM »
Welcome.

I also had problems of flu with both my children.  They fell ill very frequently and they used to stop eating completely and thus lose weight.  I went to their paediatrician and he gave them pneumoccal (something like that) vaccine and they still catch the flu especially from others but it is less often.

I also give them cod liver oil and B complex vitamins every day.

I also keep medicines such as sudafed at home and whenever they start having running noses I give them a dose.

If they start with throat ache I give them: boiled thym+lemon juice+honey and also use a gargle.

If they fall ill despite all this I go to the doctor.

Anything befalling children rocks our world, isn't it?

I wish that you find a solution and please let me know if you find anything.

with regards
Jade.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Food for 5 year old Thal Minor
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »
Believe it or not; there is no cure for common cold!

It all depends on your immune system. If you keep your immune system strong the common cold does not happen in the first place. However, if it does, our bodies fight it naturally. So, it's better to aid our bodies with natural remedies like ginger and chicken soup etc.

Thals. have a weaker immune system and fall sick pretty often. The best cure is prevention. Keep a healthy diet and lifestyle and the immune system gradually builds up. As for the blood counts; keep them in check too. Too low Hb. will put a stress on the body and compromise immunity. For Iron deficient Thal. Minors, intake of Iron rich diet will balance things out.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk