Health maintenance Thal beta trait...minors!

• 2 Replies
Health maintenance Thal beta trait...minors!
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »
Hi Andy, Pls help in giving a brief plan on food, health checkups and supplements for minor thals....also any do's and dont's.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:24:22 PM by mommy_in_singapore »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Health maintenance Thal beta trait...minors!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:29:14 AM »
Hi mommy_in_singapore,

We haven't heard from you since just before you were to have a c-section. What was the outcome?

I think you will find a lot of what you're looking for at http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1575.0

The section on thal minor will answer most. It is a good idea to have your hematocrit or hemoglobin level checked annually and you should just try to follow a nutritious diet and use the necessary supplements. If you have any questions after reading that section, let me know.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: Health maintenance Thal beta trait...minors!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »
Yesss I am so sorry that I couldnt log in...but the good part is I have been a good mommy giving all my time to the lil one...Thanks for remembering me. I had a C-section on Jan 10th and my second baby boy came in screaming....it was a nice experience as I was awake and also saved cord blood. However after the operation my Hb level was 6.8 and the doc advised for blood transfusion , which I turned down on promise of eating well...I am on folic acid and multi vitamin to maintain my health.Breastfed for 5 months and my lil one also may have thal minor as hb was around 9 when we checked in Nov. Thats it from me Andy... I feel very fatigued now and hence remebered you. Lemme go thru the thread and get back to you. Thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk