homeopathy

• 5 Replies

Offline zahra

homeopathy
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
My almost six months old son who had no Hb A in his electrophoresis has been taking homepathic medicines for one and a half months now. His Hb has been followed for 3.5 months. Today was the first time it was 8. Usually it has been 7.something. I am wondering if the medicine is helping. HAs anyone else tried them? Any success? No results of beta thalasemia PCR yet so dont know his mutation.

Offline zahra

Re: homeopathy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
Just wanted to add that he hasnt been transfused yet.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »
Hi Zahra,

That's a great news indeed,may be your son has thal intermedia ( a slightly less severe form of thal),if he can maintain hb around 8,he may be able to live with out transfusions,and try some fetal Hb F inducers.Just keep watching his hb.

About homeopathic meds,i am not sure,we did try homeopathy,but it didn't work for my daughter,and after sometime a doctor told us that they are loaded with steroids, :dunno.

Zaini.

^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
Hi,

My daughter has Ebeta Thal, and no Hb A, at 7 months her Hb is  8-9. We did not do genetic tests.

Sometimes the Hb level varies simply with changes like being more hydrated, or some cough and cold, or temperature differences.

Not sure about homeopathy though.

Our daughter if on folic acid from the 6th month. I am wondering whether I can start her on wheatgrass?

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »
Hi Zahra,

Concerning the homupathy, my personal opinion is that it is a school of medicine that does exists and has many known benefits. From my very little expierence, i can not say that it helped a thal patient in terms of an increase in HB. Maybe it would help the overall body or can be used as an aiding factor to help the body ( same benefits from vitamins and dietry supplements)  but with regards to a genetic disorder like thal it does not

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 05:30:39 PM »
Hi Hopeful mommy,

I don't think there is any harm in starting wheat grass,as it's totally natural product.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk