Ginseng Honey

• 5 Replies

Offline maha

Ginseng Honey
« on: May 06, 2009, 06:57:37 AM »
Hi
I have been giving Hassan 1tsp ginseng honey daily for the past three months. Between oct-jan he had been so so sick with one infection after the other that I thought of giving him ginseng honey to strengthen his immunity. Now he is doing good but is it ok to continue the ginseng honey as the side effects of ginseng frightens me. The honey has 1% ginseng in 99% blossom honey. Actually Hassan has been on hypertransfusions since jan2008, but his pre tx hb wasn`t increasing beyond 8.5gm/dl. This march his pre tx hb was 9.6 gm/dl for the first time. He was to recieve 225cc in march as per his weght of 14.5kg but due to some problem( a diff story altogether) he recieved only 180cc. But in April his pre tx hb was 10.3 which was a big surprise. I don`t know if its the ginseng , hence the hesitation to discontinue it . Is it safe to take ginseng continuosly considering it is only a small amount.

thankyou
maha

Offline cherieann

Re: Ginseng Honey
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
When I was little my parents had me take a ginseng spoon mixed in tea or straight. My father took it also to help with his ailments. I was about 6 months old and didn't stop until I was 10 or 11 years,
It didn't do me harm and the doctors seemed to think it helped me. I stopped it as it was expensive and I didn't like the taste. Long term didn't hurt me so I think that if you feel there is improvements, wait til next month and check again the results.
You know how your child is doing so trust your instincts as well as doctors.
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline maha

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »
Hi Cheriann
It`s a relief to know that another thal has used this without any problem. I have used this on my daughter too when she was little, just to build her immunity. I was concerned regarding its use in thal majors and I have got the assurance I needed. Thankyou :hugfriend. Yes, I am eager to know his results next time, its two weeks post tx and he still looks like he does on the first day after tx.
thankyou
maha

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
Excuse me, what do you mean with the term "hypertransfusions"?

Thank you in advance, Dore

Offline maha

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
Hi Dore
Hypertransfusion kind of means frequent transfusion at regular intervals. You too like my kid is on hypertransfusion regimen. Probably someone else here would give you a better definition.

maha
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:45:13 PM by maha »

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »

Hi!  My parents too when we were small they used to give us ginseng tea before meals. :wink

LYANNE :yahoo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk