What think about Thalassimia Marriage?

• 12 Replies

Offline Hamendra

What think about Thalassimia Marriage?
« on: December 05, 2009, 11:36:50 AM »
Dear all friends,

Please give your viwes about Thal To Thal Marriage.

Hamendra
Hamendra Mittal

+91-9829344431
hamendramittal@gmail.com

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
Re: What think about Thalassimia Marriage?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »
if one educated thal maj aware of all complications related to thal falls in love n is evading thal test of the partrner as it may affect relationship(that's wutshe thinks), then any thal who has fallen into real love (called Ishq in my language) with other thal maj wudnt take this seriously as its nothing infront of a true love...

Sometimes i think how ez it wud hav been for thals life if Allah made it in such way that thal +thal = not thal, then v wud hav married each other .... but life is more complicated as a thal maj boy who's okay medically financially , secure a job and all that stuff may b acceptable, but again the behaviour towards woman is different and thal maj woman is hardly acceptable ...

however, i think its finally upto the boy n girl ... whether or not they can bear the burden of other thal child or whether they can suffer the pain of being childless ... thats what they hav to decide ... if they r brave enuf to face. and yes if they are then I WOULD REALLY SUPPORT THAL MARRIAGE ...
Waleed

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »
True love is all that matters,i think !!!

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline vic

• thal minor with sickle cell child
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »
yes true love is beautiful but before u fall truly and madly in love, get the test done and if u are both thal minors or have any other abnormal hemoglobin think long and hard.  having a child with a chronic illness is a hard slog for them and for the parents.  i love my christian to bits and cannot imagine my life without him... but we need to be smart.  these days there are ways for thal inor parents to have children without the thal gene but i think it takes the romance out of things.  and believe you me, looking after a child with an illness does not leave much time for your 'true love',

Offline Lena

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 12:02:45 PM »

How true!

Nowadays, two thal minors can marry but if they can avoid having a child with thal, why proceed to do it? Of course, I am talking on couple's account, not on thal's. If you ask me, I would  like best  not to have thal and second best to be born with thal than not be born at all.
We have talked about that before in another thread, I think.

Lena.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 06:35:42 AM »
I thought Hamendra was asking about Thal Majors ??? May be i got it wrong,obviously if a couple has thal minor they have ways to avoid a thal major child.I have a thal major child so i know how hard it can be .Thal is the only reason we are not attempting for more kids,although i'd LOVE to have atleast one more.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Lena

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »
Zaini,

I checked it again and yes, I think you are right. Although it is not said clearly,I think that is what is meant.  A thal major to thal major. Well, my personal opinion is yes, provided there will be no children.

Lena.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 08:33:53 AM »
Lena,

That was what i had in mind,if they opt not to have kids ( although we have had members who were thal major couple and opted to have a baby,so its a matter of personal choice too. ).At least they'll have each other to understand and to comfort.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Lena

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 08:53:54 AM »
Zaini,

I have met thal couples,too. Well, they understand and comfort each other, surely, but don't you think there is too much thal burden for the whole lifetime? I am not sure they don't live in ghetto-type world of their own,too. I don't know if I could tolerate with that. If there was too much love and passion, perhaps. I am not sure.

Lena.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 08:47:17 AM »
Lena,

I think only a thal couple can tell us that,i think ...

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Lena

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »

You are right, Zaini.

We are only guessing.

Lena.

Offline Prets

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
Probably there is no thumb rule for these things.

One thal major - thal major couple may marry for love/companionship and have a successful/happy marriage that lasts long, another thal major-thal major couple may not.

Many factors come into being where a marriage or relationship is concerned, and that applies to healthy people too. :-)

About kids - well personally I would not choose/agree to have a thal major child, because I put the child's interests first. It would be like me putting the child through a tough life, that I am already aware of to a very minor extent.

Other couples may want a child badly enough and go ahead and have one - they were children once too, and they also have already been through all the issues that thal majors face. If the child grows up to be a happy adult who is grateful he has a life, then its worth it. :-)

I know thal majors on this forum who are happy in life and probably more happy they had a chance to be born. (I hope I am guessing this correctly)   :-)

I think if two thal majors WANT to be with each other and make it work through all situations, then it boils down to their personal choices.

In more general terms, I would say we are social beings, we were not meant to live alone. Love and Companionship are a must for everyone. There are those who choose to remain single and unattached, but I have never seen someone happily married or in love, who does not want it.

(I think I sound very serious when I post messages here....  Please look at my profile picture to know what I really look like..     :biggrin    )

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 08:59:59 PM »
 :wink  LOVE
and aboyt kids take one(and more)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk