Are you lazy 2?

• 9 Replies

Offline Ironman

Are you lazy 2?
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:06:35 AM »
Hey guys :)

I dont know if you know it, but I'm getting very lazy latety.

So lazy I wont even take medicin hehe. Its not intentionelly(as not wanting) but just not doing it. I'll do everything else, just to waste time.

I've tried the port-a-cath twice, but both times, it got infected.

My ferritin is 4500 and rising but somehow I just dont seem to care.

Anyone tried anything like it?

Just so you know, I know the effects, how to live with thal and all that(so thats not the problem), the problem is, that I stopped caring about treatments and so on.

A friend of mine, told me that it is a sign of depression, but I dont feel that depressed. I just feel sad sometimes for no obvious reasons. Is that a depression?
Fight yourself, before you fight others!

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Are you lazy 2?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:27:38 AM »
Kochi
i dont know abt anything else , but, plz do take care of  ur self .. ur ferritin isn't soo high at the moment so plz controle it here.. it is more easy to controle it to this stage instead of trying to controlle it from high levels.. .so plz do take good care of ur self. ... PLZ .....

Best Regards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline jade

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 01:34:04 AM »
Hi Kochi
"I just feel sad sometimes for no obvious reasons. " You said it, it looks like depression.
Do check your vitD level.  Hope you feel better soon.  Take care of your health.
Jade

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
Hey Kocher,

I've known you for quite a few years and this just isn't you. So...

I agree you should get your vitamin D level checked. For normal function of the parathyroid the level needs to be 30 or higher. This is a definite cause of depression and should be investigated, especially since you live in a northern climate and cannot get enough sun year round to keep your D levels up. I have this problem and have been battling it for years and my D level is still low. Depression does not always manifest as sadness. It comes in the form of malaise and I experience this every winter. Even though you may not be feeling sad, you are feeling like you don't care and this is malaise.

There is another factor that you need to understand. High iron load has an effect on the endocrine system and impairs normal function of the glands. This also can contribute to depression and it creates a vicious cycle. The more you don't chelate, the more these effects become apparent and the more you will find yourself not caring enough to address the situation. And at 4500 ferritin, the situation does need to be addressed. You need to look at this rationally and put aside any feelings that prevent you from maintaining your treatment program. If you look at this, you will see it is irrational to feel this way and you must trust your logic to intervene and make yourself get back on track with chelation. Once you do get the iron load back down, you will find it easier to think rationally about this. 

Best luck, old friend, and keep in touch. We do want to know how you are doing.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Tedi

• my girl
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 05:54:32 PM »
im lazy even u cant imagine how much :rolleyes, but not for making my dfo :wink

Offline Dori

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:13:47 PM »
Hey, my ferritin went down from 3000 to 766 in a year. Just give chelation a try, and remember that we are always here for you!! It doesn't matter of you are sad, happy or angry. I (too) have post with all emotions. Getting (almost) deironed feels like receiving your life back.

Give it a try & welcome to the forums.

Warm wishes, Dore

Offline Ironman

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »
Hm... I will look into the whole vitamin D thing as soon as I can... :rolleyes

I've always had an relaxed attitude towards medicine(sorry Andy, but I must've forgot to tell ya  :biggrin), because I dont like the fact that my life is controlled by medicine. So in a childish/stupid kind of way, I react by not taking it a few times a month(usually).

But you're right, lazy isnt quite the word, its not caring thats bothering me.

Didnt know that fact about thal vs vitamin D, thanks Andy  :wink
Fight yourself, before you fight others!

Offline Lena

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 06:39:44 AM »
Kochi,

You say it yourself : Fight yourself, before you fight  others!
You couldn't put it better. And that's what it's all about with thal.
As for depression and all...depression is a chemical, organical thing-you can rectify it by taking the right medicine, so Andy is right.Look it up.

Lena.

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
Hey,

I have laziness with taking other medications than Exjade. I take 2 a month folic acid e.g. I don't believe that folic acid helps me, so....

Offline Nur

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »
Lately, I am like what MGS said...lazy..

I don't know what's happening to me. I don't skip medicines or stopped taking desf. It's just i would sit down on the couch and not doing anything the whole day.

Maybe I'm bored?   or frustrated     or Depress... I dont know

The thought of keeping my mind empty is so fun..  :scratch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk