Less Frequent Urination

• 11 Replies

Offline Moik

Less Frequent Urination
« on: July 08, 2010, 06:32:38 AM »
I seem to drink plenty of fluids but I am not sure if I am going enough during the day..
I read this could be due to poor circulation...anyone else with thal have this symptom?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Less Frequent Urination
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:53:40 PM »
Make sure you're also getting enough salt on the hot days.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »
Yes i share the same thing, but i was told that since i am not going enough, it means i am not drinking enough. Also a doctor told me once that if urine is transparent as water, this is a sign that you are drinking enough

manal

Offline Moik

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 05:20:15 PM »
The salt did the trick!

I thought I was getting enough salt through my diet..
But what I did was drink some water then have a little salt out of the shaker a couple times a day when I plan on being outside

seems to work!!

Thanks Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »
When you sweat, you lose salt and it needs to be replaced. I found out the hard way years ago when I ran a lawn care service in Florida. After almost passing out a couple times, I caught on that I needed more salt because water alone was not doing it. I made a point of taking some very salty corn chips with me to work every day and I never had the problem again. I also found that when I rode a bicycle intensely in the heat, that taking salt packets with me was a good idea.
Andy

Offline Prets

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »
When I go out and expect that I may get very tired, I drink water with salt and a little sugar mixed in it. Keeps me normal for longer. But I wasnt sure if it just helps prevent salt loss through dehydration or the salt prevents my BP from dropping?  Either way it helps!

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline eesha

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
im a bit opposite, i go frequently throughout the day,sometimes too much!
My urine is always dark, and i have been told its a good sign as it is iron chelation.

Offline Moik

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »
I read up more about this..and it turns out I went close to normal amounts all along..i just figured 6 hours in between sometime was a bit long...but as long as you produce like a liter of urine a day its fine

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 11:34:44 PM »
Eesha ,
have you ever Tested your BSL ( Blood Sugar Level) ???  or ever  did HBA1C test ??? or GTT ( Glucose Tolerance Test) ?? ....  if not  then i think you must ...

i dont want to horrify you ,so, plz dont mind and if you find anything disturbing in my this post then let me know i  will delete it .... also if you need more info on this  then let me know i will share an article  here that has the complete info abt it .... i was about to post that here but suddenly i thought to ask first bfore posting that here ....

Andy,
wat's your opinion abt wat i asked??? ... Wat do you say, Andy ?? ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 12:52:41 AM »
Frequent urination is normal...if you drink a lot of fluids. But, if you're urinating small amounts frequently, then Umair's advice should be followed, especially since diabetes is so common among thals.
Andy

Offline eesha

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
i think it is all ok, i do drink a lot thats when i go a lot!
they do check my everything in my bloods every month when i go hospital, but i will mention again next time i go about the ugar level, i did think that myelf to be honest.

Also andy, am i right about the urine being that colour being good for thals showing good iron excretion?

however recently i have been a bit jaundice and told i need mroe blood and more regualr as i am haemalysing and when i researched this i found brown urine to be a symptom of thsi also.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »
Yes, urine will be darker when using desferal because it removes iron through the urine. I've heard of high iron cases where the urine was almost black when intensive chelation was started.
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk