TIF Conference 2011: who is going?

• 54 Replies
Re: TIF Conference 2011: who is going?
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
i'm really looking forward to the updates of the conference... please hurry and let us know!!!!

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 11:59:26 PM »
Hope everyone is safely back to home  :wink
Manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 03:20:43 AM »
Oh they enjoyed a lot in Turkey,as you can see on FaceBook,i am so jealous  :biggrin .
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline laiba mukhtar

• lake saif ul maluk......luv it
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »
yeah they all enjoyed alot.... :-\  and i think taking rest.. :biggrin

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »
Hi people,

I am still in middle of compiling my notes in other-than-Tariq-readable format :) However, attached is the powerpoint presentation of the few slides i took snap of. Hope they are of some value. I will be posting a doc with bulleted points I noted down soon.

Tariq
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:39:45 PM by T @ r ! Q »
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Dori

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 06:14:36 PM »
Most silly question of the century: How do you make a slideshow of your pictures?

My pictures are from bad quality (long story) and already on Facebook - an uncicum (if that's English too). The only thing I did not like is that I did not have enough time to meet and talk with everyone properly - my apologies.

I have followed almost all lectures I signed in for according to our Dutch schedule. I only missed the sickle cell disease workshop. If anyone went, please share those notes with me too. I would you forever be grateful.

It was very good to see everyone in real person, make a picture and chat around. I hope you all collected what you wanted to collect and bring home.

I am actually a week home now and having a throat infection for about 10 days. Again I totally lost my voice and I have not been outside at all today. I am freakin' busy with finishing this year, but when I have time I will upload the best pictures at the gallery.

Oh, from Perrine's lecture I did not understand a word. Honestly, I had no idea what she meant but I did make notes and had a chat with someone who made tons of pictures. And I heard old and new stuff. Let me think of it: curcumin won't increase your level of hgb, ???? also not, but fermeted papaya (from Japan) will.

Exjade story very short:

To get level of ferritin down: 30mg/kg/day
To maintain your level of ferritin: 20mg/kg/day
To increase your dose of Exjade: every step with 10mg/kg/day
Use 30mg/kg/day only when your doctor says it and when you have become sick by iron (not sure what this means)

And they use over 80mg/kg/day by serious heart problems along ???? Never ever try to do that on your own, right!!!!!!!

I won't be able to write my notes out before 9th June and even then I will take a few days completely rest.

Warmest wishes, -D

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2011, 05:34:06 AM »
@Dore,

While in power point, go to Insert Menu -> Picture -> New Photo Album, then select File/Disk and select all photos at the same time, which you want to include in slide show, and click Create. One picture will make one slide. Thats it. Options/labels might vary depending on the version of PowerPoint you have, good luck
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Dori

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
People are waiting to hear the lastest about osteoporosis. Someone?

Summary of Dore:
we have to take zinc supplements along vit d/calcium/magnesium?    Dose?

we must prevent those iv infusions so long as possible
they did not say that
about how much
and we must be very careful with those iv infusions

That's all I can remember. I have those notes also, but like I said not time to write those out.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2011, 03:21:03 AM »
80 mg/kg  :faint
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 01:18:57 PM »
Hi,
Writing my dutch summary about Turkey now I returned to this page. I have all my notes so I did not lost those. However, it will take me some more time to type this notes out. Also I find the abstracts very easy now. To make a long story short: I thought my classes would start 1 sept... I have got only once week of vacation left which will be spend mostly in the hospital  :wah

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk